Yesterday I woke up for volunteering, but my head hurt because i had so much fluid in it! I got up for volunteering and after reading for a period, we went with this one teacher, but the students are so bad, so we just left. We then helped Pamela out, but i messed up, it wasnt a big deal but she was stressed so she was like "today is not your day." oops!! For the last 2 hours, we sat with gratzia's 12th grade class and watched "shakespeare in love." Pamela wanted us to help her, but when she found out that neither of us had seen it, she told us to go watch it! haha. We missed the very end because class ended, but it was good. The only problem was my cough was so bad. I only did it like 3 times, but they were hardcore coughs.
After volunteering I went with james to get falafel at a stand closer than the place i usually go to. It was still good and a shek cheaper!! I then hung around for a little and decided to be productive. I did a load of laundry and while i was doing it I packed! I only did all of my clothes, but still!! Then i had a final activity with moran, but instead of the activity being with just our apartment, it was for all of the apartments who have moran as a madricha. Her activities she wanted to do with us was unsuccessful because people were either talking or messing it up. It wasnt a requirement to be there! so annoying! and it was mostly the british BOYS. Rach and britty couldnt make it and moran gave us this chocolate egg thing (i forget what it is called) so a couple of us wanted rach and britty's (if they didnt want it). We had a feeling britty wouldnt want it, but i called her to check. She didnt pick up so we decided to dig in. Somehow it came out that moran gave us candy and she asked if we grabbed her one...oops (sorry britty if you read this!). we just told her we couldnt "find" it...
We then had a little more of free time, but then we had to walk to where the performing arts were going to put on a show for us. There was falafel for dinner, but by the time i got food there wasnt anymore pita or falafel...i wasnt too upset (some people FREAKED out and were so rude to the madrichim) because i had already gotten falafel that day. After chilling with people, it was time for the show. People were so so soo pushy when the doors were opened to get good seats. Katie and i took seats in the back that was up on a platform. The show was just singing, but it was good. The madrichim then gave out awards, but they were funny because they were complete jokes and the people who won were opposite. For example, the best volunteers were the ones who never showed up, etc. For the cutest couple guess who came in 2nd to runner-up (which was the first couple announced)...ME AND KATIE!!! They give this whole little thing describing us before they say who is the cutest. hahahahha. Rach was runner-up for party animal! hahahaha. After that and a little cute slideshow, we were given t-shirts (we paid 10 sheks before this night) and a couple of us went out for coffee. I ordered my first coffee!!
We then came back to the apartment and britty and i then worked on our corrections for our holocaust film project. I was up until 2:30...ugh! but at least we corrected it so now i think we will get an "A."

No comments:
Post a Comment