After class, we made dinner--i didnt help. We had spaghetti and meatballs. Then Gabi and i planned on working on our project...that didnt happen! haha. We have time to do it though--our class isnt until 4:15 on sunday and so we can do it saturday night or even sunday after volunteering. Gabi then straightened my hair and i hung out with a friend... :)
Friday, November 20, 2009
Yesterday I didnt have to go to volunteering! I was supposed to wake up at 9:30 so Gabi and i could finish our hebrew script and work on our analyzation of 2 Holocaust films. I didnt get up until 10:30ish, because i didnt hear my alarm. We then worked on the script and when she went out for brunch, i stayed and had chicken soup. I then hung out for a little before I had lunch and learn. I made a small sandwich and munched on pretzels, even though i wasnt hungry. I forget at the moment what we learned about...we read some of the parsha though. After lunch and learn i was late for ulpan, but when i was walking there, everyone was leaving. She hadnt showed up! I was so happy because then gabi and i could do our film project! We had everything set up and even made popcorn. Then a kid from our class comes to tell us that she is there and she told him to go get everyone. Hebrew class wasnt too bad. One thing we learned was family members. easy schmeezy! We also learned colors. I read for a little in between classes (im starting to read "eat peace love") and our teacher for genesis parables was also late. We learned about Jacob and the being he fought with. We know that it's not an angel, because when the Torah talks about angels, they are called melach (messengers). Another interesting thing we learned was that when Jacob's name is changed to Israel, unlike all the other characters in the bible, the Torah still sometimes calls him Jacob. This is symbolic that he sometimes goes back to his old ways (heel, sneak) rather than Israel (fighter).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ohhhhhhhhhh hung out with a "friend" who shall be nameless unlike everyone else you talk about. palease. so, any thanksgiving day celebrations? and how about shabbat with natives? meaning israelis? not that i'm criticizing in any way. you sound terrific and we are so proud! okay, time to get back to cleaning kitchen counters - dad will be so happy when he comes home from the office!! love you and hope to connect face to face soon. love and kisses and peace, gutte shabbas. xo mom
ReplyDelete