Friday, November 6, 2009

Yesterday I got to sleep in, again. When we got to school we had some periods. It was really great, though, because one of the teachers came up to us saying that the kids in her class loved it when we took them out so they could speak english to us. She wants us to come to her class next time! yay! During periods, we talked to some of the seniors. It was really nice out, so when we had another free period we just listened to music outside...we then talked to the seniors again because they were outside too. We helped pamela in her 7th grade class and another 7th grade class who had a substitute.
When I got home I made myself a grilled cheese, studied for my ulpan quiz, and then went to ulpan class. Unfortunately, we learned for most of the lesson and took the quiz at the end of class. I dont think i did too well...it was hard! There wasnt a word bank for the fruits/veggies. I forgot what plum, tomato, and pickles were. After ulpan I went through my closet and took a couple of things i can give to my mom to take home. At 4:45 I left to go to the bus stop. The bus ride to the central bus station usually only takes 20 minutes. This time it took 45. I was still on the bus when my mom called saying she just landed. ah! Also, I was standing the entire time because it was so crowded. There were some loud disagreements on the bus...When I got to the central bus station it was packed. I got lucky and a security guy told me i could just go through, without checking my bag! sweet! im glad i dont look suspicious!! When i got to the platform for the 480 bus, there was a bus there, but there was a pretty long line. I thought i wouldnt get on the bus, but i did! woo hoo! There was traffic, so the ride took longer.
The original plan was that zeev would pick my mom and bubbe up from the airport and then pick me up from the train station. Because i was running really late, it only made sense for my mom and bubbe to just go to the apartment and i would take a taxi there. The taxi ride wasnt bad but i cannot believe how independent i was! The driver and i had some trouble finding the building, but it worked out. Mom met me out there to pay the driver. After having some trouble getting into the complex and then getting into the elevator we got up to the apartment. It is unbelievable. It is huge and so pretty. The views are incredible and everything about the apartment is beautiful.
When we decided to go out, we had some trouble leaving because the door handle broke. My mom and bubbe were so funny to watch...i ended up video taping them!!! hahahha. When we finally got out of the apartment we went to a restaurant bubbe went to all the time with my aunt and cousins when they came. We had a bottle of wine and a really good dinner. So many things were just so funny! After getting a coffee, getting ice cream, and ice, we came back to the apartment (note to self: airplane=gas). It took some time for us to get in because we dont have a key and have to wait at night for someone to either be leaving or going in.
After finally getting into the apartment, we shmooze for a little (go through the apartment and try to find clean sheets for mom) and then i get ready for bed. I was exhausted, but then my mom finished packing and bubbe still hadn't unpacked because she was trying to figure out how to work the tv. We all tried for 15 minutes and then we finally figured it out. I watched some of a movie and then fell asleep. the bed is so comfy!

No comments:

Post a Comment