Monday, October 12, 2009

This is yesterdays post that i never posted:
Today I had to wake up at 7 for volunteering. I was tired, but excited because i knew that today i would finally be able to work with students! I thought of a cute outfit to wear, ate breakfast, got dressed, and was ready on time! When Ashley and i got there, we couldnt find pamela and decided just to wait in the english closet because she comes there in between periods. We waited an entire hour and went searching for her, but everyone said that they did not see her today. great. We called Aliza who is in charge of the people volunteering at schools, to let her know about our situation. She said that she will talk to Pamela and it is fine if we go home. While we were waiting for her, Ashley listened to her ipod and napped, while i read my book. ah! i am so happy i decided to bring it!
We left at around 9 and when we got back, I read, took a very short nap (couldnt sleep), and watched the movie "Save the Last Dance." We didnt have much food left in our fridge or pantry (we bought more food today), so i ate random things for lunch. I then went to ulpan and did good on my quiz. Class was a little slow, but i am learning a lot. I just cannot say enough how great it is to understand what the directions are saying...i can read and comprehend it! Some people in the class cant. HA! :) During our break, I was talking to katie and once again we were on the floor gasping for air. we are always just cracking up!
After class, we had a 30 minute break before our next class. The next class was the genesis parables class. It always is a little confusing, but really interesting. I like that we all participate and work together to find an answer. After that class, rach was in the mood to run, and so i ended up going with her and james tagged along. It was a nice, easy run. We ended up going to a park and we worked out a little (james and i ran suicides, we all did some push ups, rachel danced). We also talked and it was so nice! When we decided to jog back, we saw katie and britty coming back with groceries. We helped unload, and then rach and i took back the grocery cart. We had a nice talk and i came up with a new goal for myself. When we got back we showered and hung around until dinner was made. It was really nice because both groups ate together (not everyone was there from each group, so there were enough chairs). Dinner was really good. There was some secret tension that took place at the end dealing with cleaning, but i think we are all just gonna get our periods soon. After cleaning up dinner, rach and i did our job for the day--toilets. yummy.
After cleaning the toilets we got ready to go out. I know i told myself that i wouldnt go out monday nights, but since it was to celebrate simon and joel's birthday and im friends with them (they both know my name!) . It was at a club called constantine. Rach, britty and i got there and we thought we got there late, but no one was by the club, so we decided to get ice cream. i got real ice cream! not packaged! It was really good. When we got back to the club we just decided to inside. It just had opened up so no one was there--except for some israelis. So, we just sat on a bench and just sat there! haha. we are social!!! but they were playing good music so we were just singing along. Once everyone came, they started to play the bad techno. ugh! i still had a fun time, and since no one got there until 12:15ish, i decided that i would just walk back and not take the 12:30 bus. I got home and was sleeping a little after 3. I didnt have to be up until 8:15.

1 comment: