THURSDAY:
On thursday I got to sleep in and didnt have to be ready to go until 8:20. When we got to the school, we didnt have anything to do, so we both did some homework. Then Pamela saw us and since the schedule isnt finalized, she didnt have a classroom to put us in so we had to put some tapes and cassettes together. We were so annoyed because she said that she would come back next period to put us in a classroom, but she never did! We left 15 minutes early and left her a note. Apparently the list will be finalized tomorrow, or they will be working on it tomorrow (sunday). We talked to a person in charge of volunteering in schools and said that she will talk to Pamela again. When I got back I ate some lunch and then took a nap.
At 1:30 I went to ulpan and there were so many new vocab words we learned. I must look them over! ah! During class we played a game where we are divided up into 2 teams and we have a limited amount of time to come up with words that start with a letter. For the letter bet, I came up with words and then i yelled out "ben zonah!" oops! After class, I printed out my paper/letter to my parents for my genesis parables class. I then saw Katie who had to get 4 stitches in her head because when she was taking down her sukkah, a top bar fell on her head! oy!!!! They had to shave a small part of her head, but it's not noticeable. But she isnt allowed to wash her hair for a couple of days, and there are some red streaks...ah! The genesis parables class was pretty interesting--as always. We have a 4 page paper that is due thursday. I dont know what im gonna do for it yet.
After class, rach, britty, katie, naomi, ale, and i decided to go to the sushi place on emek refiem where we went for rachels birthday. It is just so good and about 10 dollars! Ah! After we ordered, rach, katie, and i went to the ATM..i wanted to take out a 1000 sheks, but it wouldnt let me...i could only take out 300. Am i running out of money on my debit card?
Anyways, I split the veggie combo with Katie....it is so good!!! After Katie and I bought some candy at a grocery store to get change..hehe. When we got back to the apartment, we needed to hurry up because we needed to be at a club in tel aviv by 11pm for a year course party. It took us a pretty long time to get ready and we decided we would either crash on the beach, or go back to miki's. After getting to the central bus station, 10 minutes after we got on the 480 bus to take us to tel aviv, it was 11. We knew it would be fine though.
We took a taxi after we got off the bus. The place the club was at was so sketchy! Luckily, we saw some brits from our program who were a little lost, so we found the club together. A lot of people still werent in yet! When we got there i saw ari mendelson who told me that JAMD people just surrounded her singing happy birthday (because it was her birthday that day). I then saw nathan and he was with ilan ben-ami! It was so nice to see them! I also saw yoni (who comes up to me yelling my middle name...thanks a lot). I hung out with them outside of the club for awhile and then i was walking and all of the sudden ari kurzmann calls my name! ha mom-you are probably SO happy right now. chill out. we talked for a little and then all of us jamders talked.
I then went into the club with my friends and it was so crowded and crazy. I was so happy that the music was music that wasnt 100% techno. I had a pretty fun night! hahahaha :) We left the club pretty late and we only had like 2 and a half hours until the first bus back to jerusalem. We were going to wait for it but then decided to take a sheroot back to our apartment. The driver was a creeper and jerk, but we got back safely. Some of our apartment mates were passed out, so some of us cared to them and then I showered and went to sleep around 5ish. crazy!
FRIDAY:
On friday, I woke up around 10:30-11ish, sang happy birthday to britty, ate some sour gummies and had the brownies made for britty's birthday. Rachel, Katie, me, and britty then got dressed and bought a lot of food for the huge shabbat dinner we were hosting (22 people). Other people were cooking and we got all of the food for them too (at least we thought no one else was going to be shopping..haha britty "shorry!") When we got back, we unloaded and rachel and i took the shopping cart back, bought a couple of other things, and when we got back we started to cook (i cut up the potatoes!) and ate chicken soup for lunch. katie is so good at making it! I took a nap and around 4:30ish I showered and helped cut up some fruit for the fruit salad. We then lit shabbat candles, and a couple of us went to shul. It was such a nice shul! When we got back, after a little bit of waiting around, we started shabbat dinner. It was sooo good! We also sang A LOT because the brits just have a song for everything! hahaha. After dessert, we sang some more, and then we hung out with different people and i had a nice conversation with seth (rachel's brother) and went to bed. sorry that was really, really summarized...
SATURDAY:
Today Ale woke me up at 8:45ish wanting to know if i wanted to go to shul. I was exhausted but decided to get up and go. I went with benji and a couple of others and we got there around 9:30ish. It was so hot out today. Shul was pretty good, I sat with ale and we got lost a couple of times. After shul, I went back into bed for a little and then got up because seth made us french toast! Mom you would not be too happy with what i had on top of the french toast...chocolate spread and sprinkles. it was so good! hehehe. After breakfast, I hung out with some people, we made kiddish and then i went back to sleep. I slept until 5ish. wtf! I woke up with a sore throat..great. When I woke up I ate some cake and hung out with people. After shabbas we just hung out some more and ate more left overs. I wanted to have a little jamd reunion but that didnt work out. Around 8ish I went on a run with rachel and james. We are going to try and work out everyday...run every other day and on the days we dont run, do a deck of cards the other days. We decided at the beginning though that we just wanted to do a deck of cards instead..but we didnt have cards, so we just did some random things. James was funny because he was trying to act like a coach. We then went on this spinny thing and i did NOT feel well after that. On the way back we all thought I had a fever, but i took my temperature and i dont. I then showered and went straight to bed. Hopefully Ill feel better tomorrow morning.
comments to mom:
- i have no idea who she is....are you sure that was her name?! and how did she remember you! haha. - emailed my academic advisor...and i just need to fill out request forms which is pretty easy. I need my umich ID number though, so the next time we talk will you give it to me?

jessica wendy, where do i begin. so many things on which to comment - i also laughed a lot. dad just asked me why i'm laughing as he already read the blog and apparently emailed you. he told me the blog says you are sick. sometimes he skims a bit too much. okay, my plan is to comment on each day:
ReplyDeletethurs: your bet word, my gosh jessica. did everyone hear you and know what you said? i will check your debit card - although you can too, and i will show you how...miss independent. then, if you are running low, you email me and i can reload it. hmm. also, yikers on the stitches and the blood leftovers. did she need a tetnus shot? now of course i have to comment on the PARTAY. so many jamders, or fja'ers. did you and ari take a picture for me?! ha. how fun. and, are you speaking to yoni b'ivrit? haha yucky driver sitch.
friday: sounds like you just love singing? who do you take after here? hmmm? are you going to sit with us at temple and sing/dance? how about shabbat and holidays with us? can we count on yael vered to lead us in song? woohoooo. yes we can.
saturday: so, is james in year course shevet? and, rachel's bro seth - where does he live? so happy you have your thermometer, you do, don't you? i'm sorry to hear you are sick. okay, time to comment on your next blog. xoxo mom