Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today I woke up at 8:15 and i was pretty tired. I got out of bed and ate breakfast and quickly got ready. We got on a public bus, and at first there werent any seats, but then i got one. I didnt know it would be such a long ride, so i didnt bring my ipod! ugh! i still just closed my eyes and rested. I then saw this older woman standing, so i asked IN HEBREW if she wanted my seat. She did, and when she got up she asked me IN ENGLISH if i wanted my seat back. so annoying! When we got to yad vashem, we were in 2 groups and my group went into the Reflections of the Holocaust learning center. We were about to use the computers to see different questions with different answers, but then the internet stopped working. So, our tour guide took us outside and we saw the cattle car yad vashem has. We also talked about this issue if Israel would be here if it wasnt for the holocaust. We ran out of time, because we were going to hear a holocaust surviver tell her story. It was a really interesting story (like all of the stories) because she did a lot of hiding and living with gentiles. It was also really nice how she still is in touch with the daughter of that family. Britty and I were exhausted and both told each other how heavy our eyes were. We both slept a little on the bus back and it was such a pain to walk back to the apartment, but when we got there, Rach was already napping and i climbed up the ladder and past out for about 2 and half hours.
Rach and I got woken up because we had to go help out for this thing we are doing tonight for all of the section one. When we got back, I made a grilled cheese. I then got on my computer and talked to sarah for a little and read my comments from my other blog post. MOM-NOT FUNNY! I then showered and helped set up for a speed dating event for all of section 1. Luckily i kind of helped plan it, so i didnt have to speed date. ew. i hate speed dating! After about an hour of ridiculous questions, we got ice cream! After the ice cream, Rach, Britty, and i decided to cut up A LOT of veggies to munch on with hummus. it was really good. (note to self: "shit, we cut up a lot of veggies...shit, we ate almost an entire kilo of apricots...i have to go to the bathroom (X sideways 8)"). I then got ready for bed, made my bed (put on my pretty stripe sheets), and finished the time travelers wife. Such a good book..i cried a little. love crying! I then was in bed by 11:30 (SO EARLY!!!!) but i could not fall asleep. I got on my computer and ended up catching up with devries! yay! i also kind of talked to steph and i cant believe she drove. i just realized that she is going to have her permit when i get home (it will be the first day she has her permit, but still..crazy!!!)
oh one more thing before i go to bed, the weather here has been weird. It started to cool down (meaning i was comfortable in the shade in shorts and a t-shirt), but now it got hot again and last night when i went out wearing a skirt and a tank top, i wasnt cold, and it was at night! I think tomorrow or something it is supposed to reach the 90s. grool (quoting mean girls).

No comments:

Post a Comment