When i got back I did my hebrew homework, ate, finished gossip girl (FINALLY...it was pretty good...but i didnt love it because it took up soo much time to watch), and talked to shlomo. He is going to pick me up tomorrow morning around 8:30ish. I cant wait! I then rushed to hebrew class and it went pretty well. I think I am in the right level, some people just are not in the right level. On Monday we have a bochan (quiz) on everything we have learned so far. I am excited for it! I love being able to fill in the blanks with the word bank because i understand what the sentence is saying and i know all of the words in the word bank! After hebrew I went back to my apartment to get my books for the other class (which i asked to switch out of but we dont find out until monday). There was only like 8 kids in the class but only 3 of us showed up today. Others just went to the class they wanted to be in. Anna and I felt bad. Our teacher then had a little sit down with us and wanted us to tell her how she could change the class and why we think people wanted to leave. She is a strong woman so we could give her constructive criticism. I told her that a lot of people who were put in this class didnt have it down as their first choice. When people found out they could switch into the class they really wanted to be in, everyone did it. I told her I even tried and we will see how things turn out. I also told her that i just took a 9 week writing class over the summer so i didnt really want to write apers. Luckily, this class is no longer a writing class, but the problem is I'm not sure if i will get any credit for it. We will see. I'll have to email U of M. She made us chocolate chip cookies which were so good and since there is only 3 of us we really were able to have a discussion and we are going to focus on 5 rebellious characters in the Bible. The 5 we are going to discuss are Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Job, and Jonah. The problem with the class is the 2 other girls really dont know the Bible and they want to be able to be more comfortable with it. I, however, took Bible in high school so I am very comfortable with the Bible and I know many different meanings of the stories. If i dont get in the class I want to be in it will be fine, but if i do i wont feel guilty and embarrassed when i see the teacher. She is an interesting, unique person (and i really do mean that in a positive way!)
After class I came back to the apartment and took a mini nap. I did not help cook dinner. I had veggies with shwarma and salad. It was so so sooo good. After dinner I just hung out for a little. I then took a shower and was planning on watching Breakfast At Tiffany's with Britty because neither of us have seen it. Unfortunately, we didnt watch it becuase Julia wanted to clean the front 2 bathrooms (which have yet to be cleaned once...gross, i know). She needed moral support so i just stood there and talked with her while she cleaned. I barely did anything. I really hope people will appreciate what she did. So by the time she was done, it was too late for britty and i to watch the movie. im sooooo bummed. i guess we will have to watch it after the new year! I have to wake up at 2:30am because shevet is doing stuff (im pretty sure we are doing sleechot) and then we are going somewhere and eventually end up at the kotel. im so excited. I am not bringing my laptop to Shlomo's so i dont think i will be able to blog for 2-3 days. what are the few of you who read this everyday gonna do?!?! Well, it is 11:30...i should probably get to bed...שנה טובה!!!!!!!
note to self: bat yam

wowzers jess - so much going on in that head of yours...who knew? j.k. i will miss the blogs. you've been doing a wonderful job keeping it up. i know there are others out there too who are not commenting. c'mon y'all, post those comments. okay, jess back to you. shanah tovah u'metukah etc etc. love you, mom xo
ReplyDeletep.s. when do you get to clean the bathrooms?
pps happy you feel you made the right choice with shevet, and you are able to be honest with your teachers. how-how or yasher koach or...
not 11:30...2:04.close
ReplyDeleteWE NEED TO TALK THOUGH......omgggggg
xoxoxo