I decided to make myself useful, once again, and got dressed to take all of our garbage out. Rach, Chelsea (rachel's friend who is staying with us for shabbas), and i decided to walk to emek refiem for fun. I decided not to bring money or else I would be too tempted to buy ice cream. that was my goal for today...not to buy anything. That is why I stayed in my apartment for most of the day! hahaha. My goal is to have 100 sheks get me through the weekend and another week. I think i can do it! Because rach, chelsea, and i are going to rachel's cousin's house for shabbat lunch, we decided to buy a cactus. so i guess i did spend some money. Rachel said we dont need to pay...but im gonna pay her 10 sheks. When we got back I organized an exel sheet for my expenses! I didnt know that sheqel is spelled with a q...i always thought it was spelled like "shekel." So maybe when i do my abbrevs for it i should say "sheq." I'm gonna still say shek, though! Some people cooked dinner for the potluck we were having with people who did not leave to go to spend shabbat with their friends or family. I obviously did not participate. I really will someday! We then hung out and got ready for shabbat. We lit candles more than 18 minutes after shabbat started.
After we lit we headed down because dinner was going to be outside. We did the prayers and then while me, rachel, ari mendelson, britty, and chelsea waited for the line/pushing to go down/not be so intense, we talked about Eshet Chayil (A woman of valor). They were impressed that i had memorized some of it. Todah rabah meeshpach shelee!! It was bad that we waited until the end because there was nothing really left. Luckily we pushed and shoved to get dessert first. It was pretty good. After dinner and shmoozing for a little some people hung out in our apartment. Our apartment is where people go to hang out. While people were here chelsea and i did the hoedown throwdown dance a couple of times! hahaha. we videoed it and were peeing in our pants when we watched ourselves. We then went out of our room to the main area where people were. We talked for awhile, but i started to get tired. I decided that it was a perfect time to write my blog! But once i got on my computer i noticed that stephanie was on. I thought we would only talk for a little...we ended up talking for a couple of HOURS! but i miss her (only a little) so it was nice to catch up with her. (steph i know you will read this and get the wrong idea---i still do not have the urge to hug you).
Oh i forgot to say that britty, rach, chelsea, and i were kind of planning on going to a tel aviv beach today. We wanted to get on a bus by 9am so we could get to the beach, be there for a couple of hours, and leave before the shabbas traffic. I set my alarm for 7:30 but we were wayyyy too tired. We cant go next week because of rosh hashannah but i think we will go the week after. Well, I have to wake up in 8 and a half hours....shabbat shalom :)
ps- it was so weird that it was 9/11 and even weirder that we didnt have any program to remember it...i wish we did something.
pps-HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOLBE!! (even though it is sept 12 here, it is still sept 11 in america!)
ppps- sorry if my english on these blogs arent good...i dont proof read them
pppps- i uploaded more pics on my online web album...they are mostly pics i took of my
apartment/hostel. the new pics start on pic 59. the url is http://picasaweb.google.com/chitchatjess5

YAYYYYY
ReplyDeleteim in it again..
:[ i wanna hug you