Saturday, January 16, 2010

FRIDAY:
On Friday I had to wake up at like 11:15, where I took a quick shower, ate breakfast, woke nathan up and then all of us left to meet yoni on a street corner. A group of 15 of us got together and we all took a bus to where the best hummus is-in yafo. So there is a restaurant, which has more food options and more space, but the hummus sucks compared to the other place. Obviously, we had to go to the other place for the experience. We had to wait in line and the only thing they serve there is hummus and pita!!!! Katie and I put on a show for everyone and it was so crowded and hectic. The hummus was such good quality, that it took me some time to get used to it and appreciate it. We saw a madrich there with his friends and this reporter we saw spoke during our israel advocacy class.
Then after taking a picture with the reporter and katie and talking with everyone and hugging and saying bye, I went back with a couple of people to bat yam. Then I finished packing up (to go to Shlomo's for the weekend) and took a bus to the central bus station. I got lost and had to go into a gross bathroom to pee. I asked the bus driver in hebrew to tell me when to get off the bus (the stop). He couldn't really understand me, but a girl overheard me and knew what I was trying to say. Phew! Then Shlomo called me at like 5 telling me that I should be getting there soon and to not miss the stop. I got anxious, so I eventually asked these soldiers and then everyone overhead me speaking English, so they all wanted to speak to me. Everyone said they would let me know when I should get off. I felt like I should have gotten on the loudspeaker before I left the bus to say Todah Rabah to everyone!! Shlomo, Ido, and Phoebe met me and walked me back to their house (only a 2 minute walk.)
I hung out and caught up with Moran and after a good dinner and talking about Nadiv's bar mitzvah and his parsha (detailed instructions on how to build the Tabernacle) and hanging out in Moran's room, we all watched the Israeli form of SNL and ate ice cream. I wore one of Moran's sweatshirts (University of Minnesota..shhh) and it was fun to watch the show in Hebrew. I forgot to mention that I could follow along in conversations they have! Yay!! I really think my Hebrew has improved! Then we were all so tired at like 11:30, so we went upstairs, but Moran and I didn't go to bed until way later. We were so tired, but are facebook addicts! Also, when we got into bed we couldn't stop laughing and quoting things from "Mean Girls."

No comments:

Post a Comment