Today I didn't have zman madrich at 9, so I got to sleep in, but only a little. Rach and I wanted to do laundry, so we woke up and then showered. After some shmoozing and searching for my laundry backpack, we put our laundry in the backpack. By the time we were finished, we didn't think we would have enough time to do our laundry. Ugh! Instead, we went to the park close to the ulpan and I did homework until our 12. I thought our madrich thing would only take like 15 minutes, but we had the evaluation of bat yam and we were talking to a person. It was really annoying because I guess feedback is good, but EVERY brit wants to say something. I'm not sure if they are saying it because they want the person to know, or if they just like to hear their own voice. The most annoying part is for the last part where she asked us about noa she wanted us to go around, so everyone would speak. The lady told us to only say something if it is something new, otherwise just say that you agree with what someone else said. Of course all the brits said that they agreed with so and so and then would just repeat what they said and make it more specific. Then by the time it was my turn (i was towards the end) the people who talked and talked and talked were like "can we go, because we want to have enough time to go home and eat something before class starts." I almost freaked out. I think smoke was coming out from my ears. MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T SPEAK SO FRICKING MUCH THEN THIS WHOLE MEETING WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN OVER AN HOUR!
I then quickly finished my homework and then went to class. I got a little lost in my philosophy class. I think a problem with my teacher is he only wants to hear his answer, so I am always saying things, but it seems like he ignores me because it isn't his exact answer. I always end up giving up in class and just not speaking. I rushed through the reading for the homework and since I don't have a book, I want to go to the beach and read it because I think it is interesting. A couple of problems though, I am really busy this week and it has been raining...Anyway, after class I got an ice cream and then became nearly broke..AGAIN because I paid 200 sheks for the tzofiem weekend which is this weekend-we are going to Yotam's kibbutz!! I'm excited. The David Project was pretty good, today we just practiced ARM to different accusations. He wanted me to read mine, obviously I said no and then he laughed.
After class I rushed back home, helped clean up the apartment, ate something quickly and had to get back to the ulpan for a 6:15 interview. At the time I had no clue why I was going, but then a guy talked to a couple of us (everyone else was doing it at 7, but we had garin tzedek then.) We basically have to get interviewed to try and go on two 3 day seminars in Jerusalem that is about being a Jewish leader on your college campus. 80 people apply/get interviewed, but only 25 people get it. I couldn't get interviewed because there wasnt enough time, but the guy is going to call me and we are going to do it over the phone. It seems really interesting. I probably won't get it, but it won't hurt trying!
Then it was raining, so Michal and I took a bus to the bus stop where the bus that would take us to where we need to go was. Like 15 minutes after we got there and were waiting for the bus, Rach is walking towards us sopping wet. She didn't realized that we took the bus just to get to this stop! hahaha. I felt bad, her feet were soaked and the rest of the night they were wet. When we finally got the bus (it was raining and windy out-so cold!) we had to walk a little to the boys house. When we got there we were given juice and we watched the great race or whatever it is called. Michal asked the guy who knew English about when they came to Israel and their story. There is 10 of them and they left Sudan because of the conflict, and I think he said they were in Egypt for a year or 2. Then they came to Israel and lived on a kibbutz for a year-it ended up being the Young Judaea kibbutz!! Then they moved to tel aviv. I found it really interesting when he told us that after it is safe to move back, they want to go back...they don't want to live in Israel. He also told us that his mom is in a camp there, and I think he was tearing up :( Later, when I came home, Leah told me that there are 3 groups of them. One group came here so they could rebuild their lives and then move to Europe or America. Another group came here to resettle-they want to stay in Israel and the other group is people who are just here until things are safe in Sudan. Anyway, the dad then showed us that the boy was sleeping and had a bad headache...oh! We were about to leave and then come back on Tuesday, but then they told us to sit. We finished watching the show, but they fed us. We felt bad eating their food. They gave us pita and they had this meat dish that was really good. I finished my juice, to be polite, but then they filled up a new cup with pop for me. I didn't drink it...it is theirs!!! After the show, michal and I left.
When I got back to the apartment I hung out, talked to steph and dad on skype for a bit, talked to Boaz (who said that the kibbutz I'm going to is really cool). He also helped me with my hebrew homework. Then I showered, but as soon as I was in I realized that I showered this morning. OY! I got to sleep around 12:30.

okay, quick comments so i can continue reading:
ReplyDelete1. laundry backpack, so...feedback please. yay or nay.
2. jessica, PRESENT in class for david project. c'mon. you're in "safe" environment, no one will rip you apart. my gosh. go for it and push yourself.
have to say, you have gone out of your comfort zone in a lot of ways this year, so might as well do it again.
maybe now you'll be able to order pizza on the phone AND pay delivery person!! :)