Wednesday, January 6, 2010

MONDAY:
On Monday, during volunteering, all we did was grade tests. I wasn't annoyed by doing it because I knew if we didn't do them, Basema (or however you spell her name) would have to do all of the herself. We only did one grade and we only started on another grade. After volunteering I came home and made lunch. After I had lunch I went to my 2 optional classes. This time they were not as interesting. There was only Rach and Joe there besides me. I was tired so it was really hard to keep my eyes open. After the classes I quickly walked home because I only had 30 minutes until ulpan. I was only able to be home for like 5 minutes.
Then I went to ulpan and I really like the class. The teacher is older and kind of strict and insists on us pronouncing things correctly-even things other Israelis say wrong. For example, when I was reading something out loud it said "בבית ספר" so i said "b'biet sefer," but I was wrong. Apparently you pronounce it "b'viet sefer." The word alone is beit sefer, but when there is a vet in front of it, it changes to a vet. Also, when we do exercises, unlike our other teacher who would have us write it down alone, we have to say it, but we can't write it down first. So, instead of just reading your answer, you have to think on the spot. She really wants us to speak a lot, too, which is what I need.
After ulpan I came home and the internet guy came. Our old server was dead, so he brought and set up a new one. So far things are going pretty well...the internet is quick we just sometimes have to reboot it. Then for dinner I had leftovers. I heated up noodles and ripped apart cheese to put on top of it. After that Julia, Rach, and me walked to the beach where I got ice cream and then we just walked along the boardwalk. It was really nice. Although I don't know/haven't explored Tel-Aviv too well, I have been taking advantage of the Mediterranean! We were cold so waited for the bus, but it never came, so we walked to a different stop, but the bus still didn't come. Then we just decided to walk home. I talked to Boaz for a bit and he told me he might be in the Tel Aviv area Wednesday night! He made me practice my hebrew, which is helping me.
When we came home I showered and watched some of "Music and Lyrics" before going to bed around 1ish. I forgot to mention that I have been sleeping in my bed for the past couple of nights. I'm no longer so grossed out (key word is so).

1 comment:

  1. nice blogging jess. you still have one loyal reader, actually, 2 because i forward to bubbe and papa and bubbe adele enjoys them. papa doesn't have the patience to read through the entire thing. oh well, he for sure misses out! soooooooooooo i'm glad your ulpan teacher is tough. your hebrew will definitely improve. and if you want to try to cook, aim for once a week trying and then work your way up to more. take little steps. take it from me, break it down into smaller goals - easier to achieve and reinforcing to do more! keep us posted, and give us a time to skype! b'vakasha.
    xo

    ReplyDelete