SATURDAY:
Today (I am so happy I can finally write today!) Moran and I got up at 10:30, so tired but got up so we could go to the movies. At 11, we all left (except for Drora and Phoebe) and the boys saw avatar, but Moran and I weren't dying to see that movie so we ended up seeing leap year. It was cute, but (spoiler) a little over the top with them getting engaged at the end. Like come on. The guy was hot though. After the movie, since we had to wait for Avatar to end, Moran and I had lunch at a cafe. We got hot chocolate and it was so good. I had some salad, but got full really quickly, so I took the rest to go. Then since no stores were open, we went into super-pharm where we just smelled different perfumes. I love how the stores aren't open on shabbat and how everywhere-every store and every theatre- there is a mezuzah.
When we came back home we hung out some more, and I showered. Then we had a late lunch/early dinner--steak. Yum. About an hour after that I took Drora and Shlomo by surprise by coming down all packed up and ready to go. Moran and I had been talking about it, but I forgot to let them know. I felt bad because I thought Shlomo thought I would be staying later and it seemed like he had some activity planned, but it was past 5 and it would take me a long time to get back. We had to wait a long time (at least 20 minutes in the cold) for the bus to come. When I got to the central bus station, I got so lost. The place is huge and just so confusing. I had to pee and went into the vilest of vile bathrooms. I don't want to go into more detail.
After I got out of the bathroom these 2 arseem guys came up to me. Great. I just said "I dont know" in hebrew when they asked me something. Then they were not satisfied with that answer so I confessed I don't know hebrew well. One of them unfortunately did speak English well. He asked me if they could ask my opinion about something. I gave in. He asked what my name was, stupidly I told him my name. He introduced him and his friend. Then he asked how old I was. I told him. Then he said I was old enough, maybe. Basically he wanted to know if it was okay for a guy to date his ex girlfriends best friend after a year of him and his ex breaking up and not speaking. He tried to make me imagine it by asking me for my friends name, etc. He said that this guy broke up with me for whatever reason-because he didn't like how I carried around a laundry bag the central bus station. hahaha. I told him it wasn't okay and gave him my reasoning. He was upset because he told me he gave his friend the wrong advice. I told him guys and girls think differently. After that I said good luck (in hebrew) and walked away. Phew. When I got home I updated my blog and talked to steph, soph, and some ferbers! It was really nice to talk to them. I feel like I have 2 seperate lives and it makes things so difficult. I love being in Israel, but whenever I think about living here (just for the fun of it) I know it is a typical answer: I can't because I want to live close to my family, but it really is true. I really do miss shabbat dinners and just being able to call them and talk to them whenever. I just want to note that I am not homesick though! hahaha.
When it got later I just hung around and made my bed (first time I made it in Bat Yam, usually Katie makes it for me). Benji came over with Nicola and he was offended he wasn't in my blog more and wanted to make sure I mentioned that he was over my apartment. There! He also made me happy when he mentioned that it was "so bright" of me to be doing this blog. So maybe this blog is worth it after all.

No comments:
Post a Comment