Today when we had to wake up at 8:10ish i knew i should eat breakfast even though we don't have any food. There was one more yogurt left, but its case was all smushed. I tried looking for an expiration date, but couldn't find one, so i just ate it! It didn't taste funny or anything. Then we had our zman madrichim meeting. Nothing too exciting happened there-I just found out I'm going to Independence Hall and somewhere else on Tuesday for my siyyur. Also, Noa wasn't going to check our apartment until later that week which is nice so then we didn't have to go back to our apartment and clean--even though it is pretty clean. Rach and I went straight to the grocery store where i was helpful by not getting Rach's approval for everything-just doing it and putting it in the grocery cart. We got so much food and could not carry it all by ourselves...by the time we got out of the mall we needed to stop and take a break. Julia came to help us, but on her way Rach and I munched on cereal not because we were hungry, just to make our load lighter...
After sweating and dragging the food to our apartment and unpacking the food, I decide to make lunch. I heated up the oven and while it was heating up I cut up veggies and had them with hummus. Once the oven was heated up I cooked schnitzel. I know it sounds easy but just remember it is me we are talking about. I used an oven!! Me!!! I then put the schnitzel once it was ready (I looked at the back and saw that I should cook it for about 15-20 dakot) on bread and had it like a sandwich with hummus. YUM. I was so full after this and then I napped for about 10 minutes. I then had to go to class. In my Jewish Philosophy we worked in groups of 2 for nearly the entire class analyzing chapter 19 and 20 of Exodus. I sometimes miss the big points of the class...we didn't finish what we were supposed to do. The Israel Advocacy class was really interesting. At the beginning of class we saw a protest that took place in NY a couple of days ago. The people were protesting Israel going into Gaza. It was sad how there were barely any protesters protesting this protest. We also heard that an arab member of the knesset was at a rally in Israel of Israel being in Gaza and he was on the phone with one of Hammas's leaders. WHAT?! Then we saw him in an interview and him and the interviewer were fighting. It was crazy! Our lesson then talked about different reasons to validity the right for Israel to exist. Don't worry, mom, I took good notes.
After class Rach and I went to the beach and I got ice cream. Then we went back and cooked dinner. We used the left over noodles and made meat sauce. I cut up the veggies! I know I should have helped make the meat sauce but Rach had it under control and I do need to work on my cutting skills. Dinner was good. After dinner I was determined to find where Boaz is going to be working at as a waiter. My friends and I want to go when he is working, even though he would be pissed. hahaha (evil laugh.) Then after unsuccessfully trying to talk to family on my computer (the internet is down, so I'm just stealing from my neighbors) I showered and watched some of "Music and Lyrics." I laughed out loud at some parts half expecting to hear my whole family laugh...(it is the scene where Drew Barrymore's sister and brother and law come home from going out)

yowzers cabowzers jess. just read your logs from mid december. man, there is so much here. way too much to comment on, although i have a lot i'd like to say. wish i could comment in between - maybe i'll copy to a word doc and put my comments in. that might work for real. so much going on. as an observer, i would say you are becoming quite the confident 18 year old - going up to strangers and talking to them! being approached my others, um guys, and talking. making new friends and enjoying get out of the comfort zone. just don't take too many risks! oh, btw, dad and i just played apples to apples sat. night and i'm interested in the jewish version. sounds like another hanukah gift - maybe next year?!
ReplyDeleteok, time to go to sleep. thanks for helping sophie tonight, i think. xo, love and miss you, mom