When I got home I had to do some homework. I told myself that I won't leave things to be done last minute, but I'm not stressed by doing it last minute. I did it quickly and that was that! I can't tell if this is bad or not. Classes went pretty well. In my first class we are talking about how Rambam is teaching us that God can prevent people from being prophets and no one can just be born with the gift, etc. It is interesting.
I forgot to bring this up, but a couple of classes ago in the David Project at the end of class our teacher was telling me how I should get up in front of the class and ARM it out against the accusation he gives to us as an exercise. I told him about my fear of public speaking and what "public" means. He told me he used to be like that, but in the army he got to a certain position where he was forced to public speak. After some practice, he started to get comfortable. I know the only way to cure it is by practice...TOO BAD! One thing we learned that was really important was that Israelis and Jews are always apologizing. We have to stand strong and stop being so nice and apologizing for everything we do. We saw some coverage of what Israel is doing in Haiti (note to self: hahahahaha) and it is truly unbelievable. Finally finally finally, I heard that CNN did a good reporting on it (after many reports being anti-Israel.) Go Israel! We also talked about how so many people are so foreign to Israel and I thought about this idea in the first day of the class, but have been too embarrassed for some reason to tell anyone. It just keeps on coming up in my head, so I just have to write it down! So you know how for the Teen Mission, we tried to raise money for Elem by doing caresquares.com? Well I was thinking about something that was hip today and I realized that reusable bags are!! To raise money for something in Israel, someone can make reusable bags and make them similar to the lu-lu lemon ones. One side is pictures of Israel and the other side can be all sorts of fun facts and important things to know about how great of a country Israel is. I feel like it would be easier for me to do this when I get home, but in case I forgot or if someone wants to use my idea-feel free!
Anyway, I feel better that I finally wrote that down! I think Rach and I discussed this between classes (after filling out the class registration form for AJU-mom, I'm going to email him so I can email u of m the info about the classes I'm taking now. Since the classes won't be done by the time I send it, I want to see what U of M's response is!), but basically we really wanted to skip thursday and go to Jerusalem tonight so we could just relax and go to Eitan's (friend we met on march of the living who was doing yj at the time, he has made aliyah and just finished his 4 month training in the army) induction ceremony. It wasn't so much for him, but whatevs. We really wanted katie to come, but she didn't want to miss volunteering, so we were just planning on leaving thursday after she had volunteering. Since I didn't have anything to do, I called Boaz and decided I would just go there tonight and then spend thursday with rach and katie! After being freaked out by being in the apartment alone (I can NEVER live alone!) and waiting for the 42 bus that never came, I went on the 18 bus and was nervous I wouldn't get to the station before the last 480 bus left. I always get stressed out because I do things last minute. I must stop!!! That is my new goal. I ended up making the 11:45 bus, which is the 2nd to last bus leaving for Jerusalem. Phew! It was really funny because I had the same driver I had the other time I went on the 11:45 bus.
Boaz's phone still isn't good, so when I got to Jerusalem I called him, to let him know, but he wouldn't pick up. I kept on calling, while waiting outside in the freezing cold. It was drizzling, so I wanted to go under a covering and spoke broken hebrew to the security guard trying to explain to her that I just want to stand under the ceiling because of the rain. I finally got ahold of him and after him telling me that he didn't get one of my many previous calls, he came to come pick me up. Since it was raining, it took him much longer than usual to get to the CBS. Great. That night we watched some of that 70s show and then I was exhausted so I passed out.

No comments:
Post a Comment