Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SATURDAY:
On Saturday we woke up early, but didn’t get out of bed to go to shul until a little after 10. Shul was okay-we came late, but if you aren’t sitting in the first row in the women’s section (which is a balcony) you can’t see anything. After services we had kiddish before going to lunch. After lunch we learned about how in the Parsha it talks about what the garments the priests wear should be like. The garment contains wool and linen together-which is later said to be forbidden. Then we learned a little about Purim and the mitzvot and then while rach and Katie finished up making their costumes for purim, I took another nap for a couple of hours. Then the girls and boys had a separate class. The wife of the rabbi with us talked to us about snius and how a better way to refer to it isn’t modesty, but dignity. We talked about self-image and a bit about what our soul is. It was interesting and I love these talks!!! She wasn’t always religious and she told us how she got different attention from men at parties when she started to dress more modestly. Then we had the 3rd meal and havdallah before leaving. After shabbas I got voice messages from mom asking about things I wanted. When I got ahold of her she was already on the way to the airport to drop noah and dad off. I’m sure what she got will be fine. When we got home we all started to get ready for purim!!!! We were going to a party. Miki and 2 other girls slept over and Nathan also came to the party. The night was interesting and I didn’t get back and in bed by 4…

Note to self: ptf

No comments:

Post a Comment