Today I woke up around the same time. I was all distorted when my alarm went off because I was on the couch. I could hear rachel's snoring through my ear plugs, so I just got out of bed, grabbed my sleeping bag and then went to bed on the couch. I had really weird dreams involving snails, tripper, mom, guy (fzy boy), and some others. So weird. After breakfast I headed off to ulpan. There were only 4 of us, but then after the break we were down to 3. After ulpan I came home and after having schnitzel for lunch I talked to Boaz. He said that he couldn't come tonight to Arad. He is leaving for the army on Thursday, so there was the possibility I wouldn't see him before he goes and he would never see where I live. I was so excited for him to come, so I was bummed out. Classes were pretty boring, in my first class we talked about different rulings about abortion and in my other class we talked about how basically the infinite can fit into the finite. We also talked about the Tanach and how holy means separate. Something interesting I learned was prostitutes are called something with the root being קדש, and at first this seems bizarre because they are called holy-at first glance. With the mindset that the root actually means separate, you can see that these women are separate from other people by not having one mate.
Anyway, after class I saw I got a missed call from Boaz and he told me he can come!!!! I was so overwhelmed that I was desperately in the mood to run. Unfortunately, I realized on my way home that we had a "meet the arad madrichim" thing right after the next class got out. Great. We were at this outside auditorium. It was okay-just annoying how people don't stop talking or cheering (echem brits echem.) We were all so so so hungry and then when it was finally done, I was really low on battery, but got a call from the david project thing that I want to do over to summer-I forgot they wanted to interview me at that time. Plus, since Boaz was coming-I could make him the surprise I wanted to make him (fudge brownies and with the sour gummy worms, which he loves, write good luck in the army-but the israeli way (shai told me what to say)) so I had to run to the mall to buy the gummys. When I walked in, the security guy was the same one I saw like 5 times already! When we regonized each other (or maybe just me recongnizing him because of his hair-brown hair, but blond on the sides(?)) I was like "הי! מה קורה?!’ I think he is my first aradian friend :)
When I got the center store where they sell all kinds of candy, I got around 25. When I showed the man and handed it to him to see how much it weighed he said stuff and one word I caught was that he was coes (angry.) Oh no. Then he asked me something, so instead of trying to understand I just said in hebrew that I don't speak hebrew well. Then he spoke english and was laughing telling his friends and me what he was saying in hebrew. He said he was mad that I took so many because those candies are the best kind and that is why they are close to him so he can eat them all day long. ohhhhh. My face started to get red and sweaty. Then he asked what I was doing here and when I told him how we volunteer, he asked if I could volunteer at his little shop. Um what? Then he said that the mall does need extra help, so I should ask a person in charge if I could work for him. I DON'T SPEAK HEBREW WELL. He joked around with me a bit more before I left. Oy.
I got home and then soon after the person from the david project called me. She is from boston and went to u of m. I think the interview went well! After eating dinner, I was ready to bake the chocolate chip fudge brownies. I look at the 3 things I need to add and of course I dont have 2 of those ingredients. I went back to the mall and after trying to explan to a guy who didn't know english too well what butter is, I get it and also vanilla. Once I get home I read what I bought it was butter FLAVORED margarine. The directions specifically says "butter (not margarine)" Oh well. I have some difficulty but luckily Katie is over and she saves the day. I ended up mixing with my hands and it was hard to take off the batter from my hands-more batter for me to eat!! Soon after the brownies were cooling off, I went to go pick up boaz. When he got there I was on the wrong side of the road. Why am I so directionally challenged? I was happy to see him, but not as happy as everyone else was when he came into my apartment. Some scouts came (Maya!!) and it was so nice to see them. Katie and Rach helped (ha) put the gummy worms on the brownies then we werent really sure how to come out with it to give it to Boaz. Rach just started to clap and I did an annoying noise. Thank Hashem he could understand what we wrote. Then after some more hanging out and being noisy, some poeple went to a party and Boaz and I walked around so I could give him a mini tour of Arad. It was funny because some of the time I would follow him, even though I knew the right way. I didn't bring a key because I assumed that the door would be left open since many of us weren't home (aka in rachels words: because i'm dumb). Boaz asked if I had a key, but I told him that it will be fine. To my surprise, the door was locked and Rach and others were asleep. Great. I think it was Nicola who got up and unlocked the door. After doing my hebrew homework and eating wiith Maya, we went to bed around 2ish. I was excited for him to sleep over so he could keep me warm. Of course it was hot out. Ugh.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment