Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TUESDAY:
Yesterday was יום ספורט!!!! We had to get on the bus at 8am. It is so so so nice that it is about a minute walk. The bus ride there was a little annoying because some of the brits were the "cheerleaders" and not only made their own shirts and got all dressed up...they drank. IN THE MORNING. Since they are already brits and loud..it is AWFUL to deal with them in the morning when they are being drunk cheerleaders. Oh my gosh. They actually were SCREAMING different cheers the whole bus ride to tel aviv. I just wanted to sleep!! Once we got there and we saw some people (scouts!!!!!!) the games began!! The first thing I played was volleyball. We lost, but it was pretty close. I was on a serving streak for a bit...woo hoo!!! Then we cheered on some people/danced to such good music. The weather was beautiful and it was such a great day for yom sport. I also got to hang out with my friendsies from other sections...ahh so nice.

Then I played basketball. Katie and I were the only ones who kind of knew how to play. Some of the british cheerleaders wanted to play. They were aggressive which was good...we only lost by 7 or something. We had 4 and they had 11...or maybe a little more. I scored the 4 points! yayyyy. Katie was a beast at re-bounding. Still need to work on that... After some more chilling and dancing and being dehydrated, we had lunch. They said they were sandwiches. By sandwiches they meant FALAFEL!!!!! It was so great. The best part was there was enough food. The pita was warm and soft. I might have eaten a falafel that fell on the ground because someone didn't want it...

Right after lunch was girls soccer!!!! I didn't play too much because other girls wanted to play. I was fine with that. I didn't watch too many other teams playing, but ahhh it was so so so much fun. After the awards (section 1 only won in boys football (aka soccer)) we had to go. So sad to say bye to everyone!!! The bus ride home wasn't too bad...the positive was that it was quiet!! On the downside my neck hurt from trying to sleep against the window. When we got home, Rach, Cara, and I did laundry and a woman who was on something. We also met a couple of other people. When we came home we had dinner and then Cara and I went out to the bar for our first time...Cara is so good at making friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment