WEDNESDAY:
On Wednesday I woke up and went to ulpan. I had a written and oral test. We have one every week. The written test was easy and since she forgot to tell us about the oral, we had time in class to prepare and got to write down what we wanted to say. Gabi and I did ours together and we had to have a debate. The topic we chose was if all Jews should live in Israel. She said we did really good (like everyone else.) For lunch we had lunch and learn with this rabbi who seems good. He taught us how in this week's Torah portion talks about the census that took place and how the Israelites did it. Each person between a certain age had to pay half a shekel. This is symbolic because each person alone isn't a full shekel, or full. We are each only half of something alone. He said that our other half doesn't necessarily mean our other half, it can also mean other things. We also talked a little bit about purim. After lunch and learn I had my medical ethics class, which was interesting. I forget at the moment what we learned...but i wrote some intesesting things down. After that class, a group of us went for a run. We ran to the track nearby and ran around the track. While running down to the track we pass this basketball court/soccer field and when I was running down I heard guys hooting and I thought it was just obnoxious natives, so I didn't look. Later I find out that those guys were year coursers! So embarrassing that I just pretended that I couldn't hear them! I ran it 5 times and walked around it 2 times. After, some of us were doing some more working out stuff-for abs and arms, but I got into this discussion with this woman telling us that we aren't jewish because we don't know yiddish, etc. She also was saying how we have huge egos. Let me just say that this was all in hebrew! At the end of our convo was when she told me my hebrew wasnt good and that something was wrong in my head. I was so upset. Why was she so mean. Then we went to class where Katie and I had a laughing attack which the teacher did not appreciate.
After class I ran to the mall to buy face wash for me and Rach. I went to the super sal big but they didn't have the kind we liked so I went to super-pharm. I know....that was really necessary and interesting. I came home and then I had to rush to get ready for Jerusalem. I showered and stuff and then grabbed a luna bar before we headed out around 8:20ish. We walked to the ulpan and some people took taxis. To be fair, they were wearing high heels and we weren't. We left about 45 minutes after we were supposed to leave-not bad for us. The bus was really crowded so I sat on Katie and Rach-it wasn't too comfy. Boaz and his dad were waiting for me in Talpiyot where the club was. I felt bad that we were running late-I didn't expect Boaz to be running on time!! I couldn't explain to him where we were, so I walked up to Super Sal where we used to go food shopping! I forgot to say that on the bus we passed by so many places that were familiar to me...I miss that area!
When I got in the car, we listened to music and his dad would talk to me. I felt bad but I couldn't understand everything he said because of the music. He dedicated a couple of american songs to me-I didn't recognize any of them. Tee hee. When we got home I talked with his dad and mom for a little about him going to the army, etc. They knew that Dad and Noah were there and asked about them. They laughed when I told them my famous line ("I only really miss my dog!") and then we talked about Trippapoocha and how they had a dog when they first got married. Boaz and I hung out for a bit and watched an episode of "That 70's Show" before he drove me to the club. It took us a little bit to figure out where it was, but then I gave him a cute note I wrote for him the day before and we said bye. I thought I would be sad, but I wasn't because I knew I would see him in a couple of weeks.
To get into the club for free food and drinks it cost 100 sheks. I got in for free. It was fun- danced for a little (note to self: whiskey shot boy, israeli) and hung out. People got sick-on and off the bus. So gross. When we got back Rach and I helped a really drunk girl get back to her apartment. We were walking back and it wasn't dark out. I got about 3 hours of sleep.
note to self: slb
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment