Thursday, April 15, 2010

MONDAY:
I was a little disappointed that we didn't have the day off for Yom HaShoah or do anything for it during the day. We had volunteering. I am at a Darfur Refugee place and when we got there it was basically just a nursery with toddlers. We just played with them, but since the guy who was supposed to show us around, we left after about an hour. The kids were so cute, we just ran around with them and chased them. I just really want Masada...it would be so cool to volunteer there!! When I came home I worked on my paper and finished it after a few hours. After eating lunch Rach and I went and edited each other's papers together. What are we going to do next year when we won't be together?! We then worked on her college essay for IDC. Maybe after I graduate from umich I could go to IDC for my masters...not sure in what though! Oh, at 10am there was the siren. None of us knew it was going to go off. My music was on and I didn't even hear it. I was so upset and bummed. That night we went and heard a surviver tell her story. She was an infant and went through the camps. Her mom was able to keep her young children and a baby?! The guards knew about it, but they were fine with it. I guess some children were allowed to stay alive- I never learnt about that. In the cattle car to the 1st concentration camp, her mother was so hungry that her body wouldn't produce milk and so the survivor said that she drank milk from another woman. It always interests me to hear these stories because each one is so different and seems like a miracle. After, we had a peulah and people who went to poland told us a little about their experience and then we were supposed to watch "The Uprising" but it is 3 hours and people were complaining about having to sit for that long when they are hungry. I was so annoyed with them. Are they serious?! The sound didn't work, so we ended up not watching the movie. I wish we had done what we did that night during the day-during Yom HaShoah.

No comments:

Post a Comment