Monday, April 12, 2010

SUNDAY:
On Sunday Boaz and I first went to his dad's office so he could get his first credit card (because he got his first paycheck from the army). His dad is right by a bank so we went up this elevator that went up over 17 stories and went really fast. It was clear and it was a pretty view. Then we went to the mall. It was so crowded and I got to see Boaz be an aggressive, annoyed Israeli driver. So funny. He had to buy a wallet for the army and then we bought some things from the super market (covered with paper for the food that isn't kosher for pesach). When we came home with the stuff we bought we put butter on a pan and put bamba and white chocolate in the pan. I thought it was going to be gross, but was as rachel says, "delicious!" While we were eating it with anat, we watched Shrek the 3rd. In the car he asked if I have seen the movie. Little does he know about how Shrek's humor is my family. To give him some idea I told him about "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" and what dad did with that joke. We didn't finish the movie because Boaz had to set up the grill for the bbq. He failed. The bbq was nice and really good. I miss the smell! It is just funny how in Israel a bbq involves cooking many different little things. At home, I will choose between a hamburger or a hotdog. I had half a hotdog, 2 hamburgers (small ones), and steak. Yum. The only thing they had that I couldn't eat because I'm Ashkinazi is hummus. Then we rested and watched some of "The Reader" and showered before going to dinner at his grandparents.

Dinner was good and I hung out with more of his cousins. Yoav (the 5 year old) wanted to play all sorts of different games with me. I practiced my hebrew with him and Anat. Boaz and I left for a bit to walk to a gas station nearby to where beit ar-el is...I didn't know his grandparents lived so close by!!! When we left, Yoav started to yell my name and all the way down the street we heard him yell "JESS-I-CA" over and over again. I told him I would play cards with him before I left. So cute!!!!! After dinner and we got back to Boaz's, I hung out on the computer while him and his friend went for a run. When they came back we walked down this dirt road to have a bonfire with more of Boaz's friends. His friend knew english really well because I think his parents were American and so we talked about college and the whole deal with applying and SATs and ACTs.

When we finally found some wood so we could start the fire, none of the boys could do it! After about 20 minutes and offering them paper, I just asked if I could try. I couldn't do worse than them! Guess what...I STARTED THE FIRE :) 5 army boys and I was the one who did it. They had too much wood, so I took off the wood and then used paper (sorry dad, no newspapers around) and then blew to get it started!!!!!!! I then talked with an American who joined the army for most of the night. We talked about all sorts of things while Boaz and his friends prank called people, etc. At about 3 the fire was dying and so we were cold, so then we decided to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment