Wednesday:
Today we were planning on waking up early to go to the shuk, but didn’t get up right away. We also watched some of a movie. I talked to Lisa Kurzmann for a bit and we are bummed that we won’t be able to see each other…sorry mom!
When Katie and I were finally about to go to the shuk, everyone wanted to come with us, but not everyone was ready and wanted us to wait for them. Great. I was anxious and just wanted to go so then we could start shopping for all the food we would need to bring for the next couple of days. We first went to ben yehuda where people got smoothies and Cara got a waffle. She is trying to practice sharing and so I got a few bites. It was so good-and the best part is that it was kosher for pesach! When we finally got the shuk, after buying many cucs, Rach came! She didn’t come back last night because she has a cold hasn’t been feeling well. We split up and 4 of us got carrots, fruits, dried fruits, nuts, and potatoes. Cara and I waited by the fountain when Rach and Katie went to buy stuff from Super Sal. First, this girl came up to us and she wanted to interview us about faith. The girl talked to us in Hebrew, and she is our age, but American. She just went to a religious school and has been to Israel many times. Ugh! I was too embarrassed to get interviewed. Then these 2 girls near us were trying to sell jewelry and one of the girls approached us and asked if we wanted something, when we said no thanks she kept on trying to convince us and when we said chag sameach she refused to answer!! She tried getting us to buy something from her twice!!
After Rach and Katie were done we walked back and then made matzah pizza for lunch. Then Rach, Katie, and I walked to the City of David and did the water hike. We were surrounded by religious people- kind of funny. Then Rach and I went to the Kotel while Katie went to go to this play she has been wanting to see called “Thirteen.” The Kotel was packed. We have seen it more crowded, but it was definitely crowded. We didn’t stay for long and then walked home, which was so painful. When we got home we (Rach) started to make dinner and then while it was cooking Cara, Rach, and I played asshole and then when Katie came home she joined in. We were all so tired and cranky. After the really good dinner (chicken and potatoes,) we started to pack up for boombamela. Then we got ready for bed and I caught up on my blog!!! My fingers are killing. I had to leave my bed because rach is sick and snoring. I plan on blasting my iPod tonight. Great for my ears, right?
Oh, I talked to Alex for a bit- we are hoping we can meet up in Jerusalem on Sunday.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment