Today I woke up around 9ish, but I wasn't that tired! I blogged and showered before going to my new volunteering place. I forgot to say that on Tuesday I found out that Danielle wanted to work with Darfur Refugees and didn't want to work at a maternity clothing store, so I took it! I didn't have to get there until 11. Had trouble finding it. When I got there and a person from a daycare called her to let me know I didn't know where to go, Debbie came down and told me that they aren't open today. Okay! Oh, last night I talked to someone who likes Masada, but would prefer Ein Gedi and if he can get to Ein Gedi then I can have his place! I hope it works out. If not when Katie came over with falafel she made for me, she told me that Naomi doesn't love where she is volunteering-which is at a different falafel stand...maybe ill work there! I think I will just be a volunteer whore in Arad, I'll just keep on going to different volunteering placements! When Katie was over we reminisced about last night (aka this morning) and we (she) made the peanut butter cookies. We made a little over 2 batches, but we forgot about the 2nd one and they looked like they were chocolate cookies. Then I packed up for a week in Jerusalem before meeting up with Katie to go to the doctors with her and then to go to be'er sheva to go to J-ru. I have become a better, quicker, more efficient packer. Oh, so my paper is supposed to be due on Sunday. If anyone (Papa Larry?!) knows any good websites that will have insight on the קרי and כתיב in Esther that would be really helpful!!--Jk, now that I am finally finishing this post, I have already finished my paper!
After waiting for about 3 hours on my couch, we finally left for be'er sheva. Then when we got there and Katie almost peed her pants and walking far so we got a free bathroom (and we didn't have to pay a shek). When Naomi and I were waiting at the Be’er Sheva CBS, a soldier asked us when the bus was coming. Hearing us speak Hebrew with our accents, he then asks where we are from, etc. He kept on talking to us, but it was fun. We would speak in Hebrew and he would practice his English. Too bad Naomi and I are unavailable because he was so cute! He was a commander and had a purple hat (I think). When we got on the bus, it was the bus that stops everywhere and takes forever. The soldier said that he thinks the express one wasn’t coming. Once we got on the bus I had to pee really, really badly. I thought maybe I could hold it, but knew that if I was about to burst before we left, I would not be able to make it through the entire bus ride. I asked the bus driver to wait for me…he said I had 3 minutes (btw’s all of this is in Hebrew!) I ran to the mcdonalds because they have a bathroom, but you have to pay a shekel. When I got there the guy said that the bathroom wasn’t working. Great. I run back to the bus and when I tell Naomi and the soldier that it didn’t work, the soldier showed me where the public bathroom is, so I tell the bus driver to wait for me and then I run down there and got to go pee. Phew! The bus left right after I got on the bus. I slept for most of the bus ride, while Naomi and the soldier talked. After about 3 hours we finally get to Jerusalem and after saying bye to the soldier (he knew our names, but we didn’t know his!) it was around 11.
We called Naomi’s friend who lives right by the Shuk and asked if we could drop our stuff off at his place and then go to town and grab our stuff later that night and walk back to Katie’s. So we did that and hung out with them for a bit. Then we walked to town and it was so fun. I love seeing people that I know from section 2 and people I just know because I see them all the time on ben yehuda. By the time we walked back to Naomi’s friends to get our stuff and walked all the way to Katie’s it was about 5am. Cool. Unfortunately, even though I slept in the dream bed alone, I didn’t get such a good night’s sleep.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment