Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MONDAY:
Around 5ish we woke up and then after taking down the tents we started to head back to our apartments. We wanted to walk when it wasn't too hot out. We also wanted to wake up so we could see the sun rise. Too bad it was cloudy out. After walking for so so so long and being hot and sweaty and waiting for the masada bus to leave, I went back to my apartment. After being on my laptop to update things (Tamar Brown facebook IMed me!! So great.) I showered and instead of going back to bed, because I wasn't tired, I watched the newest episode of Gossip Girl. Wow it was crazy. After telling Debbie I would be a little late, so I could pack for the rest of the week, I packed up my backpack and went to volunteering. I am never in my apartment. I have been living out of my backpack. I come back to arad like once a week. It was hot out. For most of my time there I just labeled clothes. I was fine with that. After having some juice and a good nectorine in Debbie's apartment, I asked her what she thinks I should get for Boaz and his family. She told me I should check out the ceramics place. When we got there after some time, I saw a really pretty pitcher. It was different warm colors. So pretty. I was so excited to get it for them. I told the person I would come back and pay before I left for the day. I then helped Debbie fold some material for a special order and then I left and was kind of in a rush to catch the bus from Arad to Be'er Sheva. I thought the ceramics person would be ready for me, but she didn't really realize I was in a rush. Finally I spoke up, telling her sorry, but I am in a big rush to catch a bus. I wanted to pay with a credit card, but that would take longer, so I just paid in cash. I ran out (not literally) and about 3 minutes later I saw that my shoe was almost going to be untied. I made a decision that it was better to tie it then, rather than wait until it came completely untied when I was really rushing. I put my shoe up on a ledge and then I accidentely bang the pitcher into the stone. After I tied my shoe I heard a jingle. Shit. It broke. I thought it was the bottom, but it ended up being the handle. I was in too much shock and just wanted to soak in what happened rather than reacting right away. I just thought about what I should do the entire bus ride to Be'er Sheva. Boaz's mom called me to ask if I was coming to Boaz's base that day for parent's day. I didn't know about it-which made our conversation a bit awkward...

When I got there, I bought falafel to make me feel better, and then asked Katie what I should do-she told me I should try and buy super glue and see if that would work. I called Moran, too, and she told me that I should get something new-she would take me to the mall the next day. Moran actually made me not cry and remain calm. The bus ride to Jerusalem was okay. I wanted to sleep, but wasn't tired. A boy who was sitting next to me kept on falling asleep on my shoulder! When I got to Jerusalem I started to walk to get the shuk. I don't know how this happened, but I forgot to turn and then I realized I was not familiar with this religious area, and retraced my steps. I was out of it. I did find my way and bought some banana clips before heading to the hotel. I walked and because I was going to get there really early, I called Nathan and we decided to meet up at a park. While waiting for him, I unwrapped the broken gift and was just so sad! This religious middle aged man came up to me and asked what time it was. When I told him, he asked if I was American and why I was in Israel. He also asked if he could sit down, but I told him my friend was coming soon. He introduced himself to me and shook my hand. He was a black hatter with curled pais. I don't mean to be stereotypical, but I would never expect that to happen!! After he said bye and chag sameach, Nathan came. I forgot to say that the whole conversation was in hebrew. Woo hoo. I officially no longer flip out when someone speaks. I can actually listen, and (slowly) respond! It made me happy. After talking with Nathan for a bit and catching up, we walked to the hotel.

I wasn't expecting to see everyone and it was so weird to see the seniors and even people my age in Israel who I have not really seen. It was overwhelming to see everyone and people coming up to me and hugging me. So nice to see certain people, but kind of funny when some people would say hi and hug me. A nice weird though. After my plate was full of food I had to hold it in one hand because Boaz called me. I then had dinner next to Zoe and got to catch up with her. It was so weird that it seems like the other day when she was on my driveway saying bye to me!! After eating and then talking with a lot of people, I went on a walk with the seniors to the windmill and then I took a bus back to beit ar el to fall asleep in Miki's bed. Ben Kline saw me "sleeping" and asked Anna why I was going to sleep so early. hahaha. He thought I didn't hear, but I did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment