Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SUNDAY:
I got to volunteering at 10 and I organized the closets with the different fabrics. I also swept the floor (she didn't even ask me to do that!) Debbie then brought cut up watermelon and homemade apple juice for us and others to have. It was so good, especially on a hot day. I got to watch her cut the fabric and it was so cool. It was like 30 layers of fabric. Later we had lunch, with Rachel, the person she volunteers for, and Dikla (madricha) and it was so so so good. Different salads (typical Israeli and tomato with cheese) and fresh bread from the bakery and the main dish was omelets! Different things in it, so so sooo good. They are all such good cooks. All of them are similar, too. All are young middle aged and many with small children. All artists. It is crazy how they can make such good food for so many people. They all do it. I wish I could have good meals like that every day!

After lunch I was taught how to put price tags on the clothing with this gun thing. Took me some time to get the hang of it (and get staples into the stapler), but I got it down. When Debbie had to go, she dropped Rach and I to the mall to look to see if there are nice vases or picture frames at the mall for Boaz and his family. After being unsucessful (the mall basically only has clothing), we got really good ice cream. We then went back to our apartment to grab our laundry and then we did laundry. We think it was our last time doing laundry together :( I have a feeling that our clothes are not the clean because we stuff the washing machine with a lot of clothes. We only had one load of darks and one of lights. Michal met up with us there and she watched our stuff so Rach and I could go to the center of Arad, where we saw a camera store. We looked at frames for a bit and the heat got to our heads. We were a little crazy. After doing laundry, we had an apartment meeting and then rushed so Shai could give Rach, Michal, and I a lift to the observation point where we wanted all ים לים'ers to come. Elana also got a ride with us. We only had 1 tent, but in the trunk, I saw that Shai had one and so I grabbed it (I asked him though). Everyone else bailed. It was okay. We decided we can do a tekes and just not camp out-just burn bracelets onto each other and have a campfire.

It was really calm out and although it was cloudy we could see some stars. We had some melted chocolate and sat back on the plane sculpture thing-wrong word, but oh well. Around 10ish we decided to go to bed. Oh, it was windy out so our tent was swaying. It was also not cold out. Exactly the opposite, which is annoying because it is supposed to get cold in the desert at night. When we got into the tent, we wanted to have ventalation, but the mesh thing on the door didn't shut all the way. The bugs were so annoying. It was also so hot. Rach and Elana eventually fell asleep, but Michal and I could not. Then we heard Israeli teenager voices. Great. They were being loud (2 boys and 2 girls) and they were asking where the vodka is. AH. Then they saw our tent and started to freak out and ask "מה זה אוהל????" and then tried waking us up by yelling slecha and one of the boys saying "ehh excuze me?" Even if I was sleeping, I would have woken up. I was cracking up and told Michal to say something! When she said "כן?!" the girl asked "יש לה איש?" after all of us responded lo, that was it. They woke us up just to ask if we had a lighter. So rude! Eventaully, I think they were a bit creeped out by us, so they left. Michal and I still couldn't fall asleep, so we got up at like 12:30ish and made the other tent in the dark. It was much better. There was more space so we could be a little cooler and the mesh zippers worked. In the middle of the night I woke up and it was a little chillier, but mostly just really, really windy. I usually love sleeping in my sleeping bag and outside-I get the best sleep. That did not happen this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment