Thursday, May 6, 2010

THURSDAY:
On Thursday we got woken up around 7ish. I was tired, but more comfy and cozy. Since I had just finished yam l'yam a few days before, I was able to get out of my sleeping bag pretty quickly. While Rach and I were peeing, we saw that all the marva people were coming up to everyone. There were rumors from the night before that we were right by marva. I thought people were just being mean and lying. Guess they weren't! I didn't get a chance to take out my retainers before I began saying hi to people. Whateverrr. They were on their last day of field week. It was really nice seeing them and hearing how field week has been. Cara wasn't there because she had sprained her ankle before it began. Once they had to go back (funny to see all of them checking their watches to make sure they wouldn't be late), we had breakfast. It was so good. They had ugeeot cereal and also cheese and other things to make a sandwich. I had a bowl of cereal and a good sandwich. I made the same sandwich for lunch. After taking a long time to get to the bus and then actually leave (because marva had some more free time) we finally left to go to the same beach I was at for boombamella!!

On the way, we made a bathroom stop and Katie and I didn't want to wait in line for the bathroom, so we just went behind some bushes and not only peed, but changed into our bathing suits. There was nothing blocking us from the main road that people were driving on. Also, if people knew where we were, then they could probably see us. The bushes didn't really do much. Oh well. When we got there we were right by where our tents were! After putting our stuff down, a group of us decided to go into the water, even though it was nice, but not hot out. The water wasn't too cold. We kept on going in, but then the lifeguard would tell us to move over, so we would get out, walk a couple of feet and go back in only to get whistled at again to move over. We finally realized that he wanted us to be on the other side of him completely, not even directly in front of him! Last time I was there it wasn't only hotter, but the water was much more calm. That day the waves were huge!!! It got exhausting after awhile because even if you went under waves you sometimes would get pushed around and beat up and bathing suit parts coming off. Once I was exhausted, I stumbled out and colapsed by people who were on the wet sand. My bandaid had come off of my pinkey and my toe looked gross. The extra skin looked like it was part of what was left of the bandaid. Wrong! After lying in the wet sand for a bit, I combed out my hair with my fingers (fingers fingers fingers haha) and then Rach, Katie, and I went to go wash off in the showers. These showers were the same ones from boombamella. The scary part was that the bathrooms behind them were no longer there. We knew to stay away from that area of sand!! After washing off, getting the sand out from our bathing suit bottoms (rachel might have flashed the beach), and other stuff, we walked back to where our stuff was and then rested for about an hour and half or so. Luckily, I wasn't freezing, just comfortable. My bathing suit was dry when we had to go.

When we got home we hung out and showered and then Leah made us this really good vegan dish. I forget what was in it, but it was so good. While I was cleaning up our room, my phone rang and it was Boaz!! He was on a hike for 5 days, so I couldn't talk to him. I was excited to hear about how hard it was-he was so tired and his hike seemed a bit more difficult than my yam l'yam experience. He had to not only carry 40kg on his back (including his food and water and his vest) and would sometimes have to run or crawl with everything on his back. He said that he also had to carry heavier stuff, along with a few others.

After he had to go, we chilled for a bit and then Katie came over so we can begin our movie night!! I was really craving ice cream, so in my pj's I dragged Katie to come with me across the street to the mall. We bought a tub of ice cream and while waiting in a long line we saw ellie (madrich) and once we left we bumped into alex! It is funny how now that we are in arad, on thursday night we aren't buying alcohol before we go out (don't worry mom and other readers, if there are, we don't buy alcohol every thursday night), but a tub of ice cream on the stipend to eat while watching a movie in our apartment. I ate probably more than have of the ice cream. Oh well! I just felt a little sick after and was basically spitting up like a baby in my mouth. We ended up watching some of "Fame" and I blogged for a bit before we gave up on the movie because it kept on freezing on megavideo and after waking up Katie from my bed and getting her onto the couch, I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment