SUNDAY:
Boaz had to wake up early to catch a bus. It was good that he came to Arad with me because he had to get on base an hour early (at 9, instead of 10) because he got in trouble. He forgot he had his phone on him and it went off (cotton eye joe ringtone). Oy. Because he was in Arad, he could sleep in a little. When I told him we were about 40 minutes from Be'er Sheva, he was like "Jesseca, I thought you said you were close to Be'er Sheva. 40 minutes (it is actually 50) is not close. 10 or 15 minutes is close." hehehe. After I walked him to the bus and said bye, I came back and just relaxed on the couch thinking how much I am going to miss him and Israel. I thought at the time that the next time I would see him would be my last time. (Sorry to kill the climax, because I know all of you care so so so much, but I later found out that I would be able to see him 2 more times-I will be with him for my last shabbat.) I then got up and after waiting an HOUR for the bus to take us to our base for sarel (and being a little emotional (3x)..what?!) we get on the bus. After some sleeping, we get to where some of us are going to be. We get off the bus and then after having a meeting with this important guy in the army and of the base and for all communication, we got our uniforms and then had lunch. Some of us had to go back to the place where we got our uniforms because our pants were just too big. This time a person helped me and I got a pair of girl pants. Still big, but not completely falling off...only just a little.
After lunch, I went with Rach and Michal (JRM anyone?!?! Katie?!) and James Genn and Joe Sacks to where we would be volunteering. It was at the storage place that had a room for just tents and sleeping bags. The other room had flashlights, vests, helmets, and other things like that. Bceause the main guy wasn’t there, the people working there didn’t really know what to do with us. We swept a bit and then after being given cookies from the girl (saying in English that although she is black she is Jewish, goes to synogouge, etc.—it is funny how she thought that we didn’t believe that she was Jewish) and then were told that we could leave early that day. It was so hot out, so we went to a shady spot where there were picnic tables. We were just sitting there and these group of guys came up to us and asked if we wanted the rest of their orange juice. Sure! We talked with them for a bit in English and then in Hebrew. It was funny because after we went through all the basic questions to each other, it was just silent. We didn’t know what else to say! After they left Rach, Michal, and I passed the drink around each other. Rach then spotted a soldier who bought a iced coffee, but didn’t finish it. Once no one was around, we egged her on and so she grabbed it and a water bottle and brought it to our table. Then we drank the water and iced coffee. Hahaha. We told ourselves it was okay because since we didn’t volunteer for the whole day, we were cleaning up the garbage and being “garbage collectors.”
We went back to our hot, stinky room and took a nice nap. After going to dinner we had our nightly activity. While he was talking, my phone went off. I forgot to put it on silent and it was Boaz, so I ran outside quickly. When I came back we were divided into groups and then we rated different songs such as: Yachad, A New Land, Bo’I, The Silence that Remains, Jerusalem of Gold, Bat Shishim, and Yeledeem Rotim. After the activity we showered and got ready for bed. I passed out pretty early. It was hot out and a little buggy. Rach and Michal got eaten alive. Boaz called me right before 12 and when my phone rang I thought it was morning and I would have to get up in a few minutes. I looked at the time after he said “lilah tov” to me because I was so confused as to why he was telling me goodnight when it was the morning!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment