WEDNESDAY:
On Wednesday, I woke up around 10ish and uploaded all the pictures that have been on my camera. I also did the pictures from Rachel's camera. I then worked on my paper to finish it up. Then I started to upload my pictures onto the internet. The annoying thing is that I only have the pictures from my camera uploaded on the internet, but I also wanted pictures that Rachel and Katie took to go up also. I don't have any time to look over the pictures to write captions. Hopefully I will remember why I took most of the pictures. Rachel worked on her paper and we went to lunch and learn. The Rabbi ended up being there and one thing that we leaned that I remembered was about counting the Omer and how each week we are supposed to focus on something to work on and each day it is even more specific. On the day we were there it was about humility. Next year I want to maybe count the omer and/or read from chabad.org what each day and each week is and try to work on myself. After lunch and learn we worked on our essays and then we both edited our essays together and sent them in! Rach also sent in her college app for IDC!!! So exciting. We were planning on celebrating with ice cream, but Katie came over to work on her papers, but it really ended up us making cookies. We made some batches with shapes and then made huge cookies with sprinkles with the first letter of our names JRK. Eventually we had to pack up and Rach made me a grilled cheese that I scarfed down before leaving our apartment at 7:30 for the overnight.
The bus ride was like an hour or so. I was so tired when we got off the bus to do the night hike. The sun was down, so I was ready for bed! It was so painful to put on my converse. My pinky toe is pretty gross. The side of it is basically the size of another pinky toe and it was a little greenish blueish. The hike ended up being really nice. They told us to bring flashlights, so I brought my headlamp, but then they told us that we can't use them. So annoying. It was nice just to lie down during some of our breaks and look up at the stars. We could see the big dipper. That is the only one I know to look out for. Our guide told us a funny joke about cigarettes, condoms, and camels. I guess I will just tell the joke. This woman was with this other woman and they were outside smoking when it started to rain. One woman took our a condom and put it on the tip of her cigarette and smoked that way. The other woman asked her why she is doing that. The woman told her that she has being it for years and it keeps the rain from getting on the cigarette. The woman thought it was a smart idea, so later that day she went to a super-pharm and asked the person at the cashier for a pack of condoms. When the cashier asked what kind, the woman responded "Anything that will fit a camel." Haha,
After walking for a bit longer, we walked through this passageway that was created from a flash flood. We then sat down and relaxed while having some chai tea with milk and cake. It was so pretty. The moon was really bright and big. We were right below the mountain where ben-Gurion is buried. The cool thing about going on a teen mission or a tour is I know that areas where we will go-even if they are touristy. After walking and a group of us losing the group, we go back to the bus and then drive for about 10 minutes to where we were going to be sleeping. There was a carivan that made us really good soup (which I burned my tongue on) and hotdogs and chips and other good things. After dinner, we were freezing and decided that we wanted at tent. Everyone wanted tents and they were so cool. They were basically pop up tents! Rach, Katie, and I shared one. We were so tired- it was about midnight, but they said we had a peula, so we decided just to rest in our tent with our shoes on and the tent door open. We got cold and then had katie's sleeping bag as a blanket. When we woke up it was 3am and there was a bonfire with marshmellows, but we were wayyy too tired to go there. We forced ourselves to get up and get changed so and go into our sleeping bags to actually go to bed. I love sleeping in tents in my sleeping bag.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment