SUNDAY:
(5/2) we got to sleep into like 10ish, 11 was breakfast, well lunch with chicken and other stuff for before we hit the road. We all talked about the previous night and filled out evaluation forms for Ascent. Iris came in and told us how much he enjoyed our company and that if we were ever in Jerusalem to find him. Joe and him became pretty close, and they didn’t come back to like 4 in the morning. Joe’s stories of the night were pretty cool and scary…almost suffocated from the mass of people. As we were leaving more people were coming.
We left Ascent and started on the 5 hour drive back to Arad. Rachel read another 200 pages…
This wasn’t our favorite weekend but it was definitely an experience.
Right after we got off the bus, Katie and I went to the clinic and after waiting to speak to the person who knows english, we went up to a room together with Alex. They talked about Katie's eye and to come back in a few minutes. I then went to a different doctor who was not patient with me and then sent me back into the first room for the woman to wet my foot, open it up and then cut off the dead skin before putting antibacterial stuff on it and wrapping it up. She spoke to me all in hebrew and asked if it hurt and to tell her if it hurts, etc. It didn't hurt and I felt like working on my hebrew so I told her that I felt nothing. Woo hoo! Haha. After she finished with me, I waited outside for Katie to go back in so she could get a referral that would allow her to go to the hospital in be'er sheva. Katie was a little emotional because yelling took place and then after failing to try and be slick and help her without Alex knowing, we went back to the reception desk and then the same woman gave us the rest of the bag of marshmellows!!! I only like the white ones, so I made Katie or Alex eat the pink ones.
After dropping off our stuff at my apartment and checking our emails and facebooks (which took more than 15 minutes--it was more like an hour), Katie and I went to the falafel place she works at, hoping she would be able to get a free falafel for me. We ended up having to pay. While waiting for the bus, I ended up eating it. I hadn't had falafel in a long time, so it was nice. We took a bus to be'er sheva and then a public bus to the hospital. The bus only cost 4 sheks! The bus took some time to get to the CBS, so Katie ran to go get candy, but before she could get any, the bus came so she had to run back. She had tried some candies, so basically ran out of the store while eating sour gummies without paying. Hahaha.
When we got to the hospital we signed in, went to the nurse and then accidentally we didn't really understand the nurse and then just went into the E.R. There were soldiers there, along with a child screaming and some blood. Wrong area. After getting lose and going to different places, we finally get to the 3rd floor for E.R. for eyes. It was annoying how the 3rd floor didn't connect all the way, so to get to the right area you have to go on a special elevator. When we gave the women papers to give to the doctor, we just followed her in and then the doctor was with a patient and then he asked what was going on, she turned around and was shocked to see that we had followed her. She then yelled at us to get out and to wait where everyone else was. Oops! there were about 7 people. We waited for so so sooo long. Like hours. Like at least three. Boaz called for a few minutes- he told me that he was leaving the base for a few days, so he wouldn't have his phone. At least I would be seeing him in a few days!
It wasn't until midnight when the doctor finally called her name. Instead of flipping the eye up because it was so infected, him and the other doctor decided just to pop it a little and then just squeeze out some of the oil fluids. He was squeezing really hard and I thought it didn't hurt katie, but she told me it killed afterwords. He had an earring and was kind of cute and Katie kind of was crushing on him and we were so tired and she would tell him to smile and stuff like that. At one point she started to laugh and then I started to laugh and she couldn't ask a question without laughing. I was so tired that I had to leave the room and alone, in the hallway I was cracking up. Katie could hear me and I could hear her laughing at me. So funny, but so uncontrollable. After telling her to put stuff in her eye and put a hot compress on it and try to squeeze more stuff out 4 times a day for 10 days and telling her to come back in 10 days and explaining to her that they might not be able to get it out because the capsule needs to peel off the eye, it cannot be tightly connected to. He said that they might not be able to take it out for a month or even 2 months! It was good that we went to the hospital, but just annoying that she still had to do stuff with her eye, rather than it just being over with. Plus, she has to go back again.
Since there were no more buses at that hour, we headed to Katie's sister's (Lindsey) apartment (she is studying at the ben-gurion university). We couldn't figure out how to get out of the hospital and it was a little scawy!! Finally we follow people and get out of the hospital. We walk for about 15 minutes to Lindsey's apartment. She was in the middle of finals, so she told us her place was messy. It was a nice, good size apartment and after Katie cleaned it up a bit (made the bed and cleaned dishes) we got to bed around 2ish.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment