Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SATURDAY:
On Saturday Rach and I were passed out until 1:30. We both laid in bed for a bit, but needed to pee so badly. The bad thing is that the bathrooms were far away and right where the tv room and everything else is, so when we went pee, they said good morning to us. We just watched TV for a little and then had a brunch with salad, bread and different cheeses to put on the bread. Then we got dressed and Moty took us to Ranana. It was really nice out and we walked on the beach and would watch old men throwing iron balls (a game) and people of all ages playing paddle ball. He knew a lot about the area and was telling us how much higher the city is from sea level and how the waves are breaking down the land and there is construction to make sure hotels at the edge of the land won't fall into the ocean. After getting ice cream, (my favorite cone kind-I hadn't had it in so long!!!) we walked around the center of the city. He told us about the different terrorist attacks happening around here in 2003 (I think.) It was really nice to learn different, interesting facts about the area. It was quite an enjoyable tour. There also is a lot of art there-like on the cable boxes, the city paid an artist to paint a picture on it. Most of them dealt with soccer. When we came home we watched some more TV and then went out to dinner at this arab place. They always go there and so the owner greeted them and they knew the waiters. Reminded me so so sooo much of Uptown Parthenon. So much good food and homemade pita bread. I always eat the small dishes and then forced my main dish down my throat. After dinner we hung around for a bit longer (Cara called me and we talked only in hebrew...and yes, the conversation did go somewhere!) and then their friends came over so we talked to them for a little. I think I understand a lot more. Still not good at speaking, but it is a big step that I do sometimes follow what is happening (but def cannot follow along shows in hebrew.) Ofir took us home and even though we were exhausted, Cara peer pressured Rach and I to go out with her. We went to a bar and didn't get back until 3:30ish. It was fun.

I forgot to mention about the Druze soldier that was murdered in the West Bank on Wednesday. I read an article about it on ynet and it is so interesting how loyal they are to Israel. Here is the article I read about it: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3847349,00.html

I also cannot believe about the death that happened to the luge athlete. There was some news reports on it from Vancouver, but is it a bigger deal in the U.S.?

Dad- I told mom this, but when we were driving to and from Ranana, we went past 2 prisons. The first one we past was the biggest one in Israel and that is the one where most of the terrorists are held. Dad, it is HUGE. On the way home we past one that was really run down and Moty told us how in Israel, they were planning on privatizing prisons. Therefore, the government would pay the company, but the company would have to keep the prison in shape. It was going to happen, but then the court recently ruled against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment