Monday, February 15, 2010

THURSDAY:
On Thursday, Rach slept through her alarm, and I got a text saying no lunch and learn, so I turned off my alarm and woke up at 12:30! Then I packed up for the night (going to Jerusalem) because I had to take my stuff to Ulpan. I also found out from Craig saying that he is excited that I applied, but my application I sent was blank...never thought there would be problems with something because I had a mac! Luckily, Nicola has a PC, so I just have to redo the app on her computer, when I get a chance. I started to do it, but then had to go to Ulpan. Ulpan did not go too well. She always makes me go first! I think I was just grumpy from sleeping, so I got so offended when I asked her what a word meant on the quiz and she got so mad telling me that I need to know these words and it is so bad that I don't and how this shabbat I NEED to go over everything. She was yelling this to me in front of everyone (all 7 of us!) but still! I'm not good when people yell at me. I just get red and choked up. I then just didn't say anything and just went back to working and she came up to me and touched me saying "b'vakasha, beseder?" UGHH. Then the thing that bugs me is other people asked her what words meant, and she would tell them without getting angry. So annoying. Also, I know I didn't do well on that quiz it was with "אותי, אותך, אותה, אותו, ...."
Right after Ulpan, Michal and I went to Garin Tzedek. We got there on time and then helped Sawzi with work in a workbook. After that, when the bus came, Michal asked the bus driver for me to let me know when we start to go pass places where the 18 bus stops because I needed it in the opposite direction. He told me just to walk through an alleyway that would lead me right to the 18 bus. He insisted on me doing that, so I got off the bus, but refused to go there. I asked some people where I could find the 42, because that could take me to the same basic area. After some people asking me questions and waiting for the 42, I see that another bus that was coming also stops in that area, so I get on the bus, asking if it stops by the central railway station. After a little, I go back up to the bus driver to ask him when I should get off. He said I missed the stop and should have told him where I wanted to go. Great, thanks. Then I walked and got on a different bus after I asked someone if it was okay to take. Then I'm not sure when to get off, so I ask a soldier, he doesn't speak english well and tells me to go straight and left. He really meant right. It was fine though because I knew it was left, but a girl showed me a shortcut. I finally got to the bus and was on the bus to Jerusalem.
When I got there, Boaz didn't have the car, so before waiting for the 13 or 20, I went to take out money. I kept on trying smaller amounts and eventually it gave me 100 sheks. I called mom and talked to her for a bit, asking to reload. I wait a little for the bus and then I'm on it. I talk to rach for some of the bus ride-she was visiting a friend from home in Jerusalem. Her friend is doing a semester of high school there. I'm so happy I didnt do that because they have no freedom and learn all day and it is just like school. I love being an adult and having freedom. They also can't take any form of public transportation. Rach had to go there, but she could only be there until 10 or something. No busses stop near there, so she had to take an expensive cab ride. yuck. When I got to where Boaz lives (last stop...phew!), he came to get me. I thought I knew the way, but good thing he told me to stay put because I would have gone straight rather than turn right. That night we just hung out and he forced me to watch Saw II. So gross. Surprisingly, no nightmares, I just cringe whenever I think about it. After watching that we had ice cream that had hard chocolate on the outside and omg it was so good. We watched some of that 70s Show and I fell asleep as the morning prayers for Muslims began.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a very frustrating day, jess. glad it ended on a good note! :)
    btw, this is mom, not aunt marla.....

    ReplyDelete