TUESDAY:
Yesterday I woke up at 9:30ish because I had to be at the ulpan at 10ish for a shevet thing. Instead of making masks, this actress came who uses masks and had different people come up and use masks. Joe was really good and Katie was good too. When the actress asked for a volunteer to be the girl katie (who was a boy) was in love with, EVERYONE looked at me and was chanting my name to go up. hahahaha. NO! Luckily, Nicola did it. Phew! After shevet we all hung out for a little because we had to be at the ulpan for the volunteering project. We had to make thank you cards and then fill out a thing about our volunteering placement. A group of us were the only ones that volunteer at our place, so we worked together. After this, Katie and I walked and got 5 shek falafel. So good. Then we went back to our apartments and got changed for the beach. Shir was home!!!!! She left like 2 weeks ago and was in Texas for a convention, was in LA, and then had to do stuff with the scouts for a couple of days. We caught up-which I am so happy about, because rather then having nothing to update each other on because so much has happened, we just told each other everything that has been going on! Then Katie and I went to the beach and wanted to tan. Of course I was only in the sun for a little, because of the huge clouds. It would get so cold when a cloud covered the sun. I napped for a little. Boys were playing football and it was annoying how they moved closer to where we were lying down and they hit us TWICE. I dont think they even apologized.
When we left the beach we thought we saw the 46 bus coming, so Katie took of her shoes and we sprinted to the bus stop. We kept on looking back to see how close the bus was. We got to the bus stop and were out of breath, but the bus didnt come....it was the 10, not 46. At least I got a work out! When the bus finally did come and I got home, the scouts came over and we all hung out. Then after Katie ran, I met her at the park and we then played basketball for a bit. It was nice/fun to shoot around. I really want to join in on a pick-up game. Some kids basically kicked us off, but it was fine and I went home and ate dinner and showered before meeting Ami and others to go to the play Nalaga'at ("Not on Bread Alone") which is acted by blind, deaf, and blind and deaf people. It was unbelievable. It is really sad how their craziest dream is to see the stars or be able to go anywhere alone or be able to watch TV. They talked about how they feel alone a lot of the time and the only way they know that there is someone by them is if they feel their hands. It really made me realize how lucky I am for being healthy and have a good, happy life. These people can never be independent and it is so hard for them to communicate. I don't know how I would remain sane if I couldn't let my thoughts out all the time. It was incredible how some of the actors could speak-even if they were born deaf and blind. It is also crazy how some would play instruments. Here's the URL for it: http://www.nalagaat.org.il/home.php
After that I took a bus to Arlozorov and took a crowded bus full of relgious people (I got the last seat in the back!) to Jerusalem to see Boaz before he went to Eilat with his close friends. It is the last couple of weeks they will all be together. I got there at like 12 and then when we got back to his place he helped me grade some of the tests Basima gave me to do. He did the hebrew ones and I worked on the english. He was so anal and nervous to mark things and kept on asking if this or that was right. He was a bit shocked when I told him that the teacher isn't checking over them to see if we graded them right. He also said it wouldn't take long and I wasn't even close to being done when we decided to stop because we were too tired. We finally got to bed at like 3ish and woke up at 5:30.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment