WEDNESDAY:
Both of us didn't even feel like we slept. We actually got out of bed at 6 and then he drove me to the CBS because I had to catch at 6:45 direct bus to Bat Yam. There wasn't a later one that would get me back at around 9, for my last day of volunteering. I was so so so tired. I forgot a jacket and asked for a sweatshirt. I napped for like 20 minutes when I got home and rested on the ride home. When I got to volunteering I was tired. Once again, Basima asked where the other Jessica was. I can't handle that when I am cranky and tired. I told her I have been busy (because I'm leaving so soon) and didn't have time to grade them all. For my last day at volunteering I didn't work with any kids. I spent the entire time grading all of the tests. It was about 60-2 tests, each having 30 or a little more students in each class. It was kind of good because I was really tired and I wasn't sure if I could function that well. During the break I hung out with the scouts and then Lior asked me, "Whose sweatshirt is that?" It was one of the sweatshirts all israelis have (a sweatshirt made to remember a school trip) and when I told her "Boaz" she asked if I know what it meant. Oh no. It meant "Because we have it that big." Nice and approps. I was walking around the middle school with that on. Yay. Thanks Boaz! To be fair, he just threw me any sweatshirt, I dont think he purposely gave this one to me. After I finally finished the tests, I told her I had to go and then she gave me a gift (foot and hand cream...perfect!!!) and a card with a pen. She also made one for the other Jessica. But I was the only one who got a gift :)
When I got home I had about a half hour before I had to go to a meeting about Arad classes. They are mostly all Jewish, again. A lot of people are unhappy with this. The classes I want is Judaism and Medicine (which counts as philosophy) and then learning about Jewish holidays and such. It is a beginners level, but the only other class being offered that time is Intro to the Tanach, which would be so boring for me. In Arad, we are all having intensive learning until April 7. From 9:45-1 we have ulpan, at 2:30-4:30 is our first class and then from 4:45 to 6:45 is our second class. Not many people are going to do 2 classes. We are learning Sunday through Thursday. After this, however, we are done! We will just have volunteering. I dont love this, but in some ways it can be good. This is basically what marva people do. It sucks that I wont have ulpan for the rest of my time in Israel, but it is intensive, which will probably help me so so so much. I'm excited! They are only doing this for our section.
I didn't have Jewish Philosophy, so I came home, had lunch and then cleaned up the kitchen. Then I worked on my final and finished it. It was easy. The David Project was mostly us talking for the last day and got out really early. I got a 20 on my midterm quiz. (it was out of 20.) They also put up who we are living with. I am with Rach, Nicola, Cara, Leah, and Michal. NO KATIE. We talked it through and it will be fine because she will come over all the time and Nicola and Cara are doing Marva. Katie is with Naomi and Julia and 2 others-but those girls are doing Marva, so when they leave it is just going to be them 3. I am really upset that I'm not with Katie. It makes me happy that others are made because they love seeing our best friend relationship. I must say that I fosh have the best apartment. We are all already friends. Also, I talked to miki...I'm in her apartment!!! Miki and I talked, but before that Nicola, Shir, and I all talked about the apartments. I really am gonna miss Shir!
After hanging out with everyone and Maya and trying on my costume for everyone (which is not a lion, but a leapord-the mascot for David Project) Michal and I went for our last day of Garin Tzedek. In order to function, I had coffee...I'm crazy, I know. We bought him a little thing of candies for Purim. He doesn't celebrate it, but it doesnt matter. We did some work with him and played Taki. He started singing "Replay" and then we listened to music and on the computer he has "Hey Baby" so we were all singing it. We all had a fun time and were singing and dancing. He would tell me something, but I would have no clue what he was saying-and would tell him that. Then he told Michal to be the translator! When we said bye, we took pics with him and with his family (happy mom?!) and then we left. We walked around and found the 18 bus and met up with Katie, Leah, Monica, and Elana for a garin tzedek dinner/dessert whatever thing at Benedicts. Since I paid for Leah when we shared something at moses, she paid for my meal. It was great. We split chocolate chip pancakes and we all split a bottle of champagne. We were all in hyserics and being crazy hyper. It was so funny! When I finally got home I was on my computer for a bit and got to bed a little after 12. I was so tiredddd.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

first - yes i am thrilled to hear about the pictures! yay jess. next, intensive ulpan will be good - then go out and make yourself speak hebrew as much as possible. i still cannot believe this will be your final trimester, i cannot imagine how you feel! just keep focusing on the hebrew :) :) :) or ask steph for help - ha. jk. soooooooooo, tripp just got groomed and it's one of the BEST cuts, he's so cute. wish we were all coming to visit but oh well. you will have a great time - i know. okay, ttyl!!!! xoxoxo love you, mom. oh, one more thing, stay somewhat sane during chag purim.
ReplyDelete