The first place we went to was a viewpint where we were given bread, chocolate spread, and chocolate milk! Yay! We were south of tel aviv and above beer sheva. Then we started to hike the 5k or something like that. It was really hot out, but not painfully hot. I wore my fanny pack!!! It was such a fun and funny hike. The hike was so easy and nice and all of us were just laughing for the entire time. The first time we took a break we played the carrot game...of course I finished the carrot! Joe saw that whenever we talk to each other we always stop walking- that is why we always end up in the back talking with the medic! Sometimes a couple of us would sprint from the back to the front or sprint up a hill. It felt so weird running with my fanny pack.
The point of the hike was to get to the tunnels. The first cave was really big and it was where birds used to be. Then we walked a bit further and took a break before going into the next tunnel. We talked about how the tunnel we were going to go in was from the times of the bar kochba revolts and where the Jews would hide from the Romans. I forgot to mention that the other day in the david project class, we saw some of the letter bar kochba wrote to his students and it was about smuggling in lulavs and etrogs for sukkot! We then had a deeper conversation if Bar Kochba was a hero and did the right thing. Is it good for soldiers to go to Masada to see that people died for their land. We had a discussion on if people should die for their land, or live for their land. Then we went into a cave where we had to crawl. I brought my flashlight from my bat mizvah (finally it became useful)!! At the entrance there were HUGE bees. scawy.
It was so fun and because I brought my fanny pack with, I brought my camera and took many pictures of people. At one point Cara decided to try and do a summersault...she got stuck. hahahaha. I also was going feet first when I should have gone head first and I was going uphill. Cara is planning on going to the army so she was sliding herself and grunting, even though she could have crawled. It was so fun to do it with my friends.
After that (and peeing for the 5th time in nature), I got back on the bus and we drove to where we would be repelling! The bus ride was about 40 minutes and nearly everyone crashed...except for Katie and I who was doing karaoke on the camera/video man's phone. We sounded awful and were being so loud. At one point we were looking through the songs and we both saw Kelly Clarkson so we both scream at the same time "KELLY CLARKSON!!!" It was funny, but not as funny as we made it. Katie all of the sudden couldnt breathe and was moving her body back and forth trying to get air. We almost died from laughing so hard.
The repelling was more like jumping off of the rock literally one time, and then just going down midair. It was a really deep and a huge cave. During the time I waited to go, I put some mustard flowers on my turkey sandwich. Oh, also, during the hike I thought I saw the leaves that taste like chips, so I ate it-ew. The security guard started to crack up and ask what I was doing. He told me I probs shouldnt do that because it could be poisonous and if it is salty, it is probably from animal pee. I told him that I dont care, as long as it is salty! When I went down into the cave, there was a dog there and he was playing fetch with a water bottle. So cuteeee. After that we got back on the bus where we drove home. It was such a fun siyyur, and I forgot to mention that my bus was where all the scouts were. Made everything better.
When we got back, I went to katie's put on her clothes-looked like a boy (Noah) and then we laughed that I am like Amanda in "She's the Man." We went to the artists market and katie got a really cute barrette. Then we went to Japanika and split a 8 pieces with salmon, sweet potato, and asparagus. I dipped it in teriyaki sauce. So goodddd. The guy remembered me from being there last week...oops! Then we split a piece of bread and then went home. When I got home I showered and then Rach trimmed my hair. Pics should be going up soon. Even though I was exhausted, I stayed up until 2. I talked to noah for an hour or something like that. So nice talking to him! Can't wait for him and dad to come!!!
I also found out tonight that Mrs. Maclanahan past away (my 3rd grade teacher)...it is weird that I found out over fb...

No comments:
Post a Comment